Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Adding Homelink Garage Door Opener

Yeah I think it's there as long as you have the vanity mirror with light. Just cut that out after removing the fabric.
  2. F

Yep I bought a used one.should only be $20 or so.
  3. F

LED turn signal how-to (front & rear)

Do you have 2nd row lights for those that don't have a moon/sunroof? I only see the cargo lights or side mounted 2nd row in your pics.
  4. F

If you want to save a fair bit, you can also buy the home link module for $20 and connect it to the visor vanity lights. I don't have pics showing exactly how I did it , I was trying to get it done quickly before it got . Toughest part was figuring out how to open the visor. But basically...
  5. F

Ambient lighting

The kit allows you to change colors but is controlled via a pushbutton. I think its the same number of colors (7). But you cant change intensity. The cup-holder led is just a couple of single leds that you drill into the cupholder to create a similar effect as the limited, but not a ring...
  6. F

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

I dont think that will make a difference. The lite emitted is yellow. To get a white color you need a different led. Superbrightleds sells single leds you can solder to the board.
  7. F

As far as I can tell no one has been able replace the 2nd row dome leds (for those who dont have a sunroof) using the 194-type leds directly without issues; even with resistors it doesnt behave like the original setup where you can control the lights separately. Only way you can do it it seems...
  8. F

2nd row interior lighting w/out sunroof

I have an XLT w/out sunroof so the 2nd row lights are in the middle. I've been working on the interior lighting mods to replace the map lights and 3rd row cargo with guidance from the posts in this forum , but have struggled getting the 2nd row lights replaced with brighter LEDs (wedge 194/168...
  9. F

HID Fog Install Questions

Iraia did you ever find out the cause of the deadspot? I see a similar issue with my TRS kit also on the driver's side.
  10. F

Great to see a solution to the 3rd row. I tried to follow the instructions to change the cargo lite but only scraping just enough of the white part by the tabs without destroying the original so I could test it without committing, but could not get the wedge led to light up. is there a...
  11. F

Got the mailed update today

I downloaded and installed the new version from syncmyride but had to skip the nav. I just got the blue envelope today and just popped in the SD card with no issues.
  12. F

all black emblems installed

Was the original emblem easy to remove ? How did you take it off
  13. F

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with Shark Fin Antenna

You shouldnt have any trouble at all. I installed my roof rails without having to touch the wired antenna, and I believe the fin installs directly over this.
  14. F

HID Conversion - 2012 Explorer Base

Is a harness required for the 35w? Some sites say go for it since its cheaper than repairs. And for the explorer, does it matter whether its delay relay or canbus?
  15. F

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Looks good! how do you feel about the quality ?
  16. F

Weathertech Question

I have the weathertechs and they're nice , but they dont cover as much of the carpet as the Husky's if that's what you want. There's a group buy for Husky's ; follow this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338518&highlight=husky
  17. F

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Kerrsy, I like these running boards too. Did you use bracket dz16621 for these boards?
  18. F

Adding remote start 2011 XLT

1995E Did you get it installed and for how much? I'm still trying to find a dealer willing to do just the programming, or at least dont charge arm and leg to install.
  19. F

Adding remote start 2011 XLT

Got my Explorer XLT 2012 just over a month ago and looking to install one too, but since I have the auto liftgate I'm looking at the BB5Z-19G364-E Bi-Directional. I was quoted 507+tax (parts & labor included w/ 3yr warranty). Wondering if I should install it myself but dealers I've called...
Back