Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

fuel issue? HELP!!

now it wont even start, it trys to and pops off but dies immediatly.? i CAN hear the fuel pump though?
  2. 1

fuel issue? HELP!!

but my battery cables are very corroded, and they need to be replaced
  3. 1

fuel issue? HELP!!

yeah to get it to start better ive always run the pump twice, and when i did it would start better. how about the pressure regulater?
  4. 1

fuel issue? HELP!!

i have a 1991 explorer eb 180,00 miles. ive had it for a year and it has always started alittle hard but ALWAYS started on the first try. recently i went to start it and it just turned over and turned over for about 10 or 15 seconds, then would start. so i kept driving it like that, then...
  5. 1

fuel pressure or tps

will i had my injector cleaner hooked up and thats where we noticed that it was loosing fuel pressure to quikly. and yea it was the koeo reading. it would go up to about 40 psi but would drop almost as quickly as it went up(but not all the way down of course) . and no i havent checked it while...
  6. 1

fuel pressure or tps

i wanna know if a bad tps coud casue a drop in fuel pressure. because cas returns to the tank if it needs to?
  7. 1

fuel pressure or tps

i have a rough idle, so i checked my fuel pressure and it woudnt hold 30-45 psi when i turn the key, so then i thought it would be the fuel presure regulator. but they are 125 dollars so i thought before i spent that money i would ask a few questions to make sure its not a 25 dollar tps sensor...
  8. 1

91 x electrecle problem

so i only have back brake lights off and on, same with the blinkers. so i checked the fuse that had those on it and it said it was a 15 amp in the manuel, but the fuse was a 30amp. i later found out that the guy i bought it from had ran another tow package includng a brack controller to the...
  9. 1

1991 explorer unkown noise

today it was nice out so i turned on a.c to see if it worked. which it didnt, and when i shut my car off i heard a noise that sounded like a pump releasing air or something like that, right by all the heat and a.c gadgets, it slowly went away. idk what that was, any1 know?
  10. 1

Cranks but wont fire....Plz help ASAP

did you do the fuel pump on the tank. and make sure that there is power going to that pump and from it.
  11. 1

Spark Plug Recommendations for 92 EB?

motorcraft. always a good chose to go with motorcraft on a ford
  12. 1

boggs and misses under a load.

its probably your coil pack.
  13. 1

need help with 92 explorer, turns over but wont start

yea i would test the wires at the pump. look at the wiring diagram and find the wire that goes back to the pump from gas tank, and look at the wire to see if it is damaged at all, if it is then the pump is not getting power to run.
  14. 1

rough idle help!

just recently i started my 1991 explorer and usually when i first start it, it jumps to about 1500 rpms then drops to 1000 and runs fine, and sounds good, but this time when i started it it only went to about 1100 rpms and then idled real funny. if i shut it off and restart it, then it goes back...
  15. 1

1st Gen EB subwoofer question

well i might put my 6x9s in the rear gate thing. idk what im going to do yet. but forsure the 6" in the doors.
  16. 1

Cold engine miss

whens the last time you had the plugs, wires, and coil pack?
  17. 1

4x4 hubs

i am doing mine soon, i barely use 4x4 because i got limited slip, and plus its fun to slide around so for me they will work perfect.
  18. 1

first car (1991 explorer)

i thought that i would show you guys my explorer, what ive done and what im planning on doing. its a 1991 EB i bought it for 800 dollars and it has 170000 on it. everything is running fine and so far i have put plugs wires oil change four tires. i bought a new pionner deck and new 6x9 and...
  19. 1

1st Gen EB subwoofer question

yes that will work, i am working on the same project myself. i have 6x9 4 ways.
  20. 1

More coolant = less cooling??

mine is doing the same thing. but on mine its leaking from the lower radiator hose.
  21. 1

upgrades!

hey thx, can you tell me what all goes into putting those manuel lockout hubs on?
  22. 1

Strange howl on 92 explorer

it coud be your u joint begining to go out
  23. 1

upgrades!

I have a 91 explorer EB i am looking for little or big "upgrades" .This thread is for uprgades that you have done to your explorer, they dont have to be big or expensive uprgrades, i am just looking to see what you guys have done to your trucks and how they have worked out, performance wise...
  24. 1

Exhaust preference/opinions wanted.

ok. yea those aero turbines sound nice. not to loud, but deep enough to make it sound bad ass. for a v6 haha
  25. 1

Exhaust preference/opinions wanted.

so did you just take the original muffler off and put the aero turbine on? just the single pipe?
Back