Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Crazy check engine light explorer 2010

Disconnect the battery before you start any work on your vehicle. After your finished installing the new part. Reconnect the battery. You will then need to drive over 30 miles for the CEL to reset itself. Good Luck.
  2. O

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/motorcraft_egr_valve/MOTEG7091/motorcraftmicx2101-.aspx Cheaper here. Do a search I have found the Motorcraft brand for pretty cheap I think ROCKAUTO.com will be your best bet. http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1014876&cc=1432148&jsn=421 $110
  3. O

I currently have a CEL due to P0401 code. No difference in idle or anything. In fact the check engine light will disappear for a day and then come back on. No symptoms yet I know of. But if your going down that rabbit hole start with a Motorcraft EGR valve. Yes you can replace it yourself...
  4. O

You need to replace your EGR valve. About $100. (Buy Motorcraft only) Takes about 15 mins and a few beers.
  5. O

06 Explorer abs light, traction light, wrench, locking brakes

+1 on the tone ring. I'm about to replace my rear right axle with a new tone ring due to my second tone ring being broken. Figure I would replace the whole axle and ring rather than all that work for just the ring. ABS light on and Traction Light on.
  6. O

HID Kit For 2008 Ford Explorer that dosent give headlight our error

Old thread but this is the kit I used. No Headlight out messages or Check engine light. Kit came with everything I needed. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/retro-solutions-hid-on-my-2006-explorer.351682/
  7. O

2006 Explorer Driver Front Seat Swap Questions. Possibilities.

Hi Guys, I have a 2006 Explorer XLS 4.0. My Driver seat back is sagging on the right side and is terrible for long drives. I am looking into replacing my seats with another explorer (same year) so it will be a direct unbolt/bolt swap. I have searched the threads but I don't find much on the...
  8. O

Retro-Solutions HID on My 2006 Explorer

Yes I did keep it and my bulbs are not capped. What I did notice is my left light flicker when I first turn them on. Started a week ago, I think I'm going to check the plugs first then maybe buy new bulbs.
  9. O

2008 Ironman - Wanting to switch out the OEM fogs for clear ones...

If I had fogs I would trade but unfortunatly I don't have them. I will be interested in buying your fogs off you if you end up purchasing a pair. Let me know.
  10. O

How to install headlight load resistor on a 4th gen explorer, that have Hid kit.

Retro solutions It looks like you did a lot of custom wiring. I bought my kit from retro solutions and it came pre wired with capasitors for the check headlamp problem. All I did was mount everything, plug in and was good to go. When ordering the kit the drop down menu has an explorer specific...
  11. O

The kit I bought came with everything I needed including the 4 resistors. Read the first thread.
  12. O

Can a P0442 CEL code effect my braking? Please help.

The solution Well, it was the infamous rear tone ring on the passenger's side. 400 bucks later my truck was normal. That was including an evap test. Appearently my gas cap was bad at the same moment my tone ring went out. :( Anyway just thought I would shed some light. And I just put on a new...
  13. O

Rear Gate problems

Your not going to get much help unless you get pics up and go in a little more detail about you problem. Just make my 2 cents.
  14. O

Largest tires size that will fit a stock 2006 4wd explorer?

I just installed 265 70/16 on my ex... looks great. Haven't got to drive much but so far I'm happy.
  15. O

Thank you for your reply. The only reason I think the P0442 code and my failing brakes are going together is because I have never had a problem with the brakes. Rotors are good , pads, calipers, just changed the fluid. I got the CEL on Friday coming home from work. The next day I let my wife go...
  16. O

I have a 2006 Explorer V6. Ran perfect. On the way home Got a CEL P0442 code P0442 - EVAP Control System Leak Detected (Small Leak) Now the twist, I'm hoping this narrows down the problem. It started happening a day or two after the CEL light when on. Normally when I am coming to a stop and...
  17. O

The + red wire is the power, its connected to the battery. The black - wire has a plug at the endof it. The two capasitors plug into that wire making the ground a double ground with capasitors. You ground those out to the frame. Like wise to the other side but ithe two capasitors plug into the...
  18. O

installed Hid's in the x today....

My hids from retro-solutions I just installed hi/lo hids on my 2006 ex. It went in perfect no light out on dash or pulsing on high beams. It was all plug and play. Check out my posting for pics of the beam and install pics. You don't need projectors for a 2006+ ex...
  19. O

My Explorer's first mod

I like it I like the sound and the look. Also for like 170 bucks think about an HID kit. I just finally found a kit online that works for our truck and will not throw a dash light or flicker on hi beams.... yes this kit is Hi/Lo beams.. check out my other posting, Its all plug and play kit...
  20. O

The Install The installed pictures: This is the relay harness the gets power, connects to the both ballasts and the light bulbs, and has the set of capacitors. This is where I mounted the ballast. These are the capacitors that are connected to the relay harness. (The other ground...
  21. O

My Explorer's first mod

My Pics My pics are not that great either. The trucks all dirty from the snow last week. I saw an ex with it out to the rear. It looked funky cause it was only one pipe.
  22. O

My Explorer's first mod

I will take a pic later tonight and have it posted tomorrow. I would have it point out the side like stock but thats my opinion.
  23. O

My Explorer's first mod

Good Choice I installed a 40 series and chrome tip, cut off the resonator on my 06 explorer. Sounds great. I love the new sound Im sure you will too. Great choice for a first mod. Are you going to point the exhaust in the rear or the side of the truck. I had mine aimed out the side almost like...
  24. O

I'm writing this because I have searched in many forums about installing Bi-Xenon lights in a 2006 + explorers and am not getting the answers I wanted. For all the people like me here is the post for you. Many say yes, many say no, Hids in a Reflective housing without a projector? I say FO...
  25. O

2008 Explorer HID Error Canceler

east1la: What HID kit did you use with this harness?
Back