Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

91 explorer killing battery ??????

Thank you... now I have another problem... When I turn my head lights on my CD turns off then back on.... Does anyone else have this problem or has even heard of it happening? (how can I fix this)
  2. J

I did that... Now my question is what circuits should I have power to when the xplorer is off??
  3. J

same problem I having the same problem but I dont think its my fuel pump relay. Now I need a way to find the drain on the battery. Any tests you guys can tell me that can pin point the problem fast? I have also replaced the battery and the alternator.. the new battery went dead in one day...
  4. J

need pricing Info. on A4LD transmission

To all those guys that have had a A4LD transmission rebuilt by someone else would you please tell my how much it costed. Because it seems like the transmission shops around my house are a little high. Thanks!!! :roll:
  5. J

Help on transmission

:roll: Need a little help in the transmission department. The explorer needs a new transmission but I'm confused to where to buy it from and if I can get a stronger one? Please will someone explain to my what transmission I have in my explorer and if I have any options to buy a stronger one. I...
  6. J

alot of stupid mistakes... now I need advice, help, and parts Need help!!!!!!!

Does bump steer cause any problems... cause when I go over bumps the driver side tire makes a thump snaping noise.
  7. J

alot of stupid mistakes... now I need advice, help, and parts Need help!!!!!!!

I have a 1992 X sport 4x4 I bought a add-a-leaf and over sized coil springs to raise both ends of the explorer.. ( I also have a 3 in body lift and running 32's on 15x8 BFG. M/T) I then bought drop brackets from tough country that was suppose to reduce and fix my camber problem when the tire...
  8. J

gears

How will this affect my going off road? I mean, will my tranny be able to handle it? (I go through alot of mud)
  9. J

gears

Stock gears with 33's would running 33x12.5 tires with stock 3.73 gears ruin them???
  10. J

I need SERIOUS help.

I would drive up there (4 hours) but it is a school day tomorrow. sorry.. But I know that feeling! I wish you the best of luck!
  11. J

Is this for a 4wd explorer!

Hey! I put on a 1.5-2 inch add-a-leaf and coil spring lift (James Duff) Now the front end is all out of wack! Camber and alignment! Tuff Country (from JcWhitney) sells alighment brackets for my explorer but it does not explain if it is for 4wd, Does anyone know if these brackets are for 4wd?
  12. J

33's on stock rims?

tire shop The guy at the tire shop said the widest I can go is 9.5!!!! Whats up with that?
  13. J

Best Lift For the Buck

New at this I;m new at this. Can someone please explain what a TT is and what bolt I turn to lift the front end of my Xplorer. Thank you so much!
  14. J

33's on stock rims?

Picture Is anyone running 33s on stock rims that have pictures? I'm trying to decided what tires to buy! thanks!
  15. J

TT and wheel alignment

cost How much do they cost? (ballpark figure)
  16. J

TT and wheel alignment

Adjusters Where can I buy the camber adjusters?
  17. J

33's on stock rims?

Is there any 33in tire that will fit my stock rims? On 7in rims can I fit 33x10.5r15? That is from BFG M/T. Thanks for your help!
  18. J

Need some help

Hey guys, need some help. I installed the james Duff add-a-leaf and front coil spring lift.(about 1 1/2 to 2 in.) Now I need adjustable camber bushing (1992 X sport 4x4) Does anyone know where I can order them? A link would really help. The tread on my front tires and wearing really bad!
  19. J

Steering

I installed a 3 inch body lift kit on my 92 Xplorer, and now the steering is extremly bad! Does this happen to all explorers? And I'm not talking that its not aligned, it like the power steering doesn;t work.
  20. J

Rims and off set

didn;t get to finish Ok.. I;m going to buy rims. But what is offset and what does that mean? Or better yet what should I buy for a 1992 X with 5 inches of lift? 15x8 but what offset? thanks
  21. J

Rims and off set

Hey,
  22. J

what do you hang from your rear view?

2004 Graduation Tassel!
  23. J

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Where did you get that snorkel?
  24. J

What a bad day!

Thanks Guys! I'll make sure I do that! And your right I was lucky!
  25. J

What a bad day!

Hey, Just wanted to write and say that I was out mud bogging to day and was have the best time. The Xplorer was doing really well agaisn't a Jeep Liberty. Then that is when I got stupid and tried to cross a pond that was 100 feet across and 40 feet wide... It really didn't look that deep...
Back