Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Anyone have this issue before? MFT related

Thanks for the reply, Peterk9. If the battery is the issue, wouldn't I have received a system warning notification on the steering wheel panel? I haven't seen any battery signal icon or received any warning notifications on there.
  2. E

Anyone have this issue before? MFT related

The other day when I went to start my 2012 explorer in the morning, it sounded funny, almost like the battery was dead because I heard a few click, click, click before the engine finally turned on. Then, MFT home screen never came on and was black for 10 seconds or so before a message appeared...
  3. E

Wrench light 2011 Explorer

Powertrain or 4WD fault? Anyone had their "wrench" light appear on their dash? What all did it entail? I have a 2012 Limited and twice in the last two months while driving, the light appeared and the car felt like it was in neutral and nothing would happen while hitting the gas pedal. Both...
  4. E

No longer recognizing iPod through USB

Thanks, Rebecca! The reboot did the trick.
  5. E

No longer recognizing iPod through USB

Hey Everyone, Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. To this point, my iPod has always worked perfectly through one of the two USB ports, but over the last couple weeks, I can't get the iPod to play. At first I thought maybe the USB chord was burnt out, but I can still...
  6. E

Shift to Park Warning

Thanks, Crystal! Just to update, the good news is when I took it in this morning the service guy helping me said they've seen this problem before and didn't have to go into detail of what I was experiencing. The bad news is, they had to order a new shifter and it's on backorder. So we'll have to...
  7. E

Shift to Park Warning

Taking my 2012 Explorer Limited with 26k miles in tomorrow to Sawgrass Ford for this same issue. It's been worse and worse the last several weeks, to the point where I had to restart the car 3 or 4 times and put it in and out of park just to get rid of the screen. Wish me luck!
  8. E

Keyless entry panel blinks constantly

So tonight I was taking out the trash and noticed that the keyless entry light pad was blinking red every 7 seconds or so. I didn't touch the car or go near it. I unlocked it with my keys and started the ignition for 30 seconds. Turned the car off, got out and locked and didn't stop it. I put in...
  9. E

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Installed the update on Wednesday and I must say, the system itself is definitely performing alot faster than usual, so that's a plus. Before the update the last couple of months my Nav was very slow and I would be on a street for a minute before it would update on my screen. This hasn't been...
  10. E

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

Has anyone seen this message before? It's been popping on and off for the last two weeks and never had an issue till this point. The message says "This USB device is consuming excessive power. It may not work correctly with SYNC." I've used the same iPod since purchase and haven't really...
  11. E

Reading Text Messages with iOS 6.1.2

Try going to Settings-Bluetooth-Sync and make sure that the Show Notifications switch is flipped to ON. I was having the same problem when I upgraded to an iPhone and didn't realize that the Explorer wouldn't read the texts back to me unless I had the setting turned on in my iPhone. Didn't have...
  12. E

iOS 6.1 out today

Boy, I feel like an idiot. I just realized that Notifications wasn't switched on. We'll give it a try when I leave work.
  13. E

iOS 6.1 out today

Ok, so I just download the latest Sync 3.5.1 update, but before that I wasn't receiving any iMessages or Texts through the bluetooth. I've downloaded the latest 6.1 OS for iPhone 5 and still nothing. What do I need to do? I've had the iPhone 5 since November, but before that I was getting...
  14. E

Anyone having difficulty logging into SMR today?

Yea, I was finally able to get in late last night. Something must have been up with the site for a couple hours.
  15. E

Anyone having difficulty logging into SMR today?

When I go to the site, it says it's not recognizing my username or password. I literally just logged in yesterday to order my new A4 Nav card (which came in less than 24 hours!), but today it won't let me log in. And when I click the change my password link, it takes me to another page that says...
  16. E

About to buy

Love my 2012 Limited. Vehicle drives and looks great. With that said, I purchased the vehicle in March 2012 and in June, the MFT module had completely died and had to be replaced. Since then things have been better, but it definitely still has it's kinks.
  17. E

Navigation street/location disappears?

Clark, I've experienced the same issue throughout the 5 months of me purchasing my 2012 Limited. Someone posted a quick fix on here and it works as far as bringing the street up again. Go to navigation and select destination tab and start a route. I just click my home since I already have...
  18. E

Voice commands just plain stopped working

This happened to me a week before my Sync module went completely dead. Had to take it in to the dealer to have the entire system swapped out and a new one placed in.
  19. E

iPod Track/Album not showing Explorer MFT

I too have all of a sudden noticed that my Album Artwork is now missing. I swear, it's one thing after another with MFT.
  20. E

Waiting for someone to name....

Definitely would need to be driven by a 35+ year old mom.
  21. E

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Asked to speak with a manager at the dealership this morning and they called me back an hour later and he sincerly apologized for the situation and said the techs and computer should have picked up on it and realized that Navigation should also be installed. He asked me if I had time to bring...
  22. E

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Yea, when I spoke to the Sync tech over the phone, he explained that they tell customers if they don't want Navigation to absolutely make sure they don't want it because they can't go back and install it. I thought that was strange because obviously they have the ability to change it out for a...
  23. E

MFT Black / Blank Screen

So I just talked to a Sync rep over the phone and he had me try a master reset just in case, but confirmed that the dealer installed the no navigation module, which is why the screen also looks different and why I don't have the option to select Navigation on my screen. Just called the dealer...
  24. E

MFT Black / Blank Screen

**Update** The new module came in and was installed this morning. Picked up the vehicle just a short while ago, but had to rush back to work and didn't really have time to play with it there. On my way back, I noticed that the format of the screen looks different and yes I had the latest...
Back