Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Grill guard

I think hes more so curious about what to do about installing it with a body lift
  2. B

Storage Compartment Idea

Anyone ever think of putting something like this in there? http://www.basspro.com/MTM-CaseGard-Ammo-Crate-Utility-Box/product/15013008022359/
  3. B

need help with pricing my ex

I see ones like this on CL in my area like this ranging from $800-$1500 or so.
  4. B

Ford F150 manufacturing

imo, the hood is too short. it looks almost like an econovan or something
  5. B

cold air intake

A k&n would probably give you more performance for cheaper. If you want sound you can take the silencer out and it makes a cool sound when flooring it but I doubt it adds performance additions.
  6. B

Flowmaster 40 install price

update, called around, someone quoted me $150 with a chrome tip. getting that done today.
  7. B

not sure if its bolt on or not. that price includes the muffler too though
  8. B

went to a shop today and he quoted me around $250 with tax for a flowmaster 40 install. From what I gather from the forum, many like the 40 series. Is this a good price? Thanks guys, Biggon71
  9. B

Correct gearing for chunky 31" tires

I ride the same exact tires, and my mileage wasnt affected very much. .5 to 1 mpg. I was at 15 and now I bounce around between 14 and 14.5. I have the info center console and thats what I use to judge.
  10. B

31s on 15x7 rims

i run my 31 10.5 15s on 15x7 american racing outlaw 2s. Not positive on the backspacing but most likely 3.75. they look fine and mounted fine
  11. B

exhaust leak advise needed

Im having mine checked out by our family mechanic tommorow, so we will see if it is something I can do myself or need to have them do it.
  12. B

It could have been steam but idk. The check engine light came off after the plugs and wires but then came on again. I went to autozone and he read p0171 and p0174 (sytem too lean bank 1 and bank 2). I will have the car checked out by a mechanic before I proced any ehaust mods.
  13. B

to tell you the truth, I dont hear much, I just saw a pretty good amount of smoke coming off the passenger cat. At first I thought a spark plug wire was touching a manifold or something making the smoke, but it wasnt. I ran by my local shop, he said $210 for a cat job. If I can get him to...
  14. B

Ok here is my story, At the beggining of the summer (late may probs) on the way back from a long trip, we bought some bad gas from a shady gas station. The car misfired and acted funny for a few weeks, but then began acting up only every now and again. I thought it was still the bad gas being...
  15. B

Exhaust Help

I want it just a little louder. I dont want it so loud that it would desturb my neighbors, but loud enough for people to know that its not stock
  16. B

Exhaust Help

I like the idea of duel in/ single out, but it seems like less mufflers give me this option. I also would like to delete cats, if it would increase performance
  17. B

Exhaust Help

also, what size inlet/outlet. single or duel Inlet/outlet. what overall length should I look for?
  18. B

Exhaust Help

I'm 5.0, I read that many people delete their secondary cats. Should I as well? Will this trigger any check engine lights?
  19. B

Exhaust Help

I am pretty much clueless when it comes to exhaust so I need some help. I want my mounty louder and some performance would be nice, so I want to know what is the cheapest exhaust setup that I could use, and how much would it cost a muffler shop to install. Thanks guys, Biggon71
  20. B

superchips question

There is a superchips model 1865 on my local CL. This model covers gas ford trucks suv and mustangs. I look at the specific models offered, and there was a mustang 5.0, and explorers, but not explorers with 5.0. Could I still use this chip?
  21. B

2nd gen cargo light

I tried some searching but came up empty, but the the question is how do I open the rear cargo light (the one in the far back, not the one over the rear seats) to change the bulbs. I though I might have read when searching just to pry it off the headliner with a screwdriver but Im not so sure...
  22. B

AC compressor issue

The compressor clutch comes on and off when the ac is on and when it cuts off it creates a whineing sound. Any simple fixes to this or am I going to have to take it somewhere to get fixed. Thanks, Biggon71
  23. B

Going from aftermarket to OEM alloy wheels, need help finding what fits

those f150s are 5 on 5.5. older f150s are 5 on 4.5. so are a lot of jeeps, rangers, mustangs, and several other cars. its pretty common
  24. B

will they fit?

exactly what I was looking for. Thanks
  25. B

..For You Georgia Boys...

I might go some time over summer. I live in augusta so im not too far away, an hour or so. Im also pretty close to gulches, I might go there some time as well
Back