Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

2012 Explorer sound problem

I had intermittent static in my right front door speaker and it was replaced. Now occurring in my right rear door speaker. Dealership has a replacement on order.
  2. L

2011 Explorer suspension creaking over speed bumps/humps *FIXED*

New lower arm assembly and bushings did the trick. Explorer now sounds like a fairly new $40k vehicle should going over speed bumps.
  3. L

Dashboard creak

In the area of the vents to the left of the instrument panel. It had a spongy feeling underneath whereas the other areas of the dash were solid when pressing on them. After the work was completed, this area is also solid with no more creak. I was told that they realigned dash. Service manager...
  4. L

Dashboard creak

The creak sound in the dash was fixed during a few hour period by the service technician realigning the dash. I was able to press on the dash and I could reproduce the sound. After the repair, the dash was solid with no more creak sound.
  5. L

I looked around a several block radius of the dealership to find speed bumps, knowing that I would have to demonstrate during a test drive or I would be told that a technician could not reproduce it. I finally located some in a shopping center a short distance from the dealership in a...
  6. L

My service department initially tried to explain the noise in my Explorer off as being common in other Explorers, including a brand new one sitting on their lot in which they took me on a test drive and demonstrated the noise. I explained that there must be a design flaw or faulty parts because...
  7. L

The service manager used a chassis ear and narrowed the creaking sound to the lower arms. New lower arms will be replaced tomorrow and I will provide an update if the creak was eliminated.
  8. L

Dashboard creak

I took my Explorer to the dealership today for the common creaking front suspension while going over speed bumps and for a dash squeak. The dash squeak that I had been experiencing for the past year was in the area between the left side of the instrument panel and the dash vent. The squeak would...
  9. L

I've had my Explorer just under 2 years with 21k miles. I have had the creaking front suspension since the first 6 months. The creaking occurs while going over speed bumps and pulling into/out of driveways when the front compresses. It seems to becoming progressively worse. I finally took the...
  10. L

Pillars badly scratched

Glad to report that the dealership sent my Ex out to a body shop and they were able to successfully buff out about 90 percent of the scratches. Pretty much the only thing left is that light scratching that is expected.
  11. L

Pillars badly scratched

The dealership has already acknowledged that if they don't improve the appliques or make them worse, that replacement will be an option. Will find out more after tomorrow.
  12. L

Pillars badly scratched

Thanks for one of the more informative responses. This must be what the dealership has in mind as a first attempt to fix my vehicle. They are telling me there is a 99% chance of it working. We will see.
  13. L

Pillars badly scratched

No one is forcing you to come on these forums or to post useless responses. This is not a "truck". It is a $40k SUV that shouldn't have swirls and scratches over the ENTIRE surface of the pillars and door trim when picked up brand new. I believe that a more durable surface could have been used...
  14. L

Pillars badly scratched

They didn't appear painted to me. It was the dealership that said something about if Ford sent new pillars, they would need to be painted. As far as the pillars eventually scratching, I can see that to a certain extent. However, the pillars on this new vehicle looked like they were on a vehicle...
  15. L

Pillars badly scratched

I had my mind set on a tuxedo black 2012 Explorer XLT or Limited. My local dealership could only locate one in about a 300 mile radius and acquired it from another dealership. It took two days to arrive. I showed up in the afternoon to take possession of it. I looked over the interior and...
Back