Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Tow Hook

Digging through old records, I found these part numbers that I think are for this: W500642S436 SCREW M12X30 HEX FLN W520815S436 NUT
  2. S

It sounds like my factory intake is sucking air through a vent

Pictures of where to find it in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376677
  3. S

Change your vehicle to Explorer instead of Explorer Sport Trac and try it again. It fits. Amazon vehicle compatibility is not always right...
  4. S

I had exactly the same issue, solved by replacing the Motorcraft YG360 Vacuum Checking Switch. Super easy, $10.29 on Amazon.
  5. S

Tow Hook

Ronin - Hard to see in these pictures, but mine are just welded to either side of the overall assembly:
  6. S

Tow Hook

Shackles instead of hooks I wound up first installing a Curt 31545 front receiver, but never liked the way the receiver hung so low to the ground. Here's what one looks like with the receiver part cut away and a pair of 3/4" x 3" x 5-1/4" Shackle Mounts welded to the sides. The shackle brackets...
  7. S

What does everyone think about wheel spacers???

I've had a set of Eibach 1" spacers on my Sport Trac for about a year with no issues at all. Eibach 90.4.25.010.3
  8. S

2006 Limited 4.6L Overheating

Head Gasket Mine exhibited similar symptoms, the fan clutch was replaced (at my cost), didn't help. Temperature gauge still all over the place, radiator fan roaring almost all the time. Got it back from the dealer (after another week and a half in a rental at my cost), both head gaskets were...
  9. S

Rancho Quicklift on Sport Trac?

Loaded QL on V8 Sport Trac not good I installed Loaded Quick Lift on my Sport Trac. Rancho tech support told me to expect lift of 1.75″ front and 1.00″ rear. I wound up with 0.5″ front and 1.00″ rear (I measured before and after). Part Numbers: Front Left — RS999939; Front Right — RS999924...
  10. S

4X4 Control Module 8L2Z7E453C

Finally ordered a replacement module to (hopefully) correct the following symptoms: No 4WD dash lights (they do light up in Engineering Telltale Test Mode) Trouble shifting back out of 4LO - I have to switch the ignition off, then restart the truck in Neutral to convince the electronics...
  11. S

Center Console latch problem

Springs This fix is great, thanks for posting it! If you are looking for suitable springs, I went with these from McMaster-Carr and they worked perfectly: 9657K155 : Steel Compression Spring, Zinc-Plated 1 Spring-Tempered, 1.25" L, .375" OD, .035" Wire, pack of 12 $6.58
  12. S

Help: Upgrading Warn Borg 4412

Bw 4412 Allaa' Did you ever get anywhere with the transfer case upgrade? I am currently running a re-manufactured unit after the original broke a chain and cracked the housing. Now I'm having intermittent trouble shifting from 4LO to 4HI. Could be an electronics issue, but I'd consider...
  13. S

4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint

No dis-assembly, just masked and shot 'em.
  14. S

Truxxx and upper ball joint failure

Btf uca Todd, I went with the UCAs from Brandon based on reading about others' experiences and before having a problem. If I had it to do over again, I'd add the grease fittings and longer bushings to them like stepj19 did, but before initial installation. Eric
  15. S

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Thanks! Pretty happy with it now that the suspension is finally dialed...
  16. S

Spare Tire with Eibach 25mm spacers The steel spare that came with my truck doesn't have the voids to accommodate the OEM lugs that protrude through the spacers. To avoid having to also remove the spacers to mount the spare, I bought an extra aluminum wheel to serve as the spare. Seems like a...
  17. S

Eibach Pro 25mm Spacer Kits #90.4.25.010.3 Ordered. Thank you again!
  18. S

Eibach 25mm spacers Allaa', Did you have to cut the OEM lugs for these 25mm spacers to fit with your stock 17" wheels? I have the same wheels as yours and just want to know what I'm up against before I order the spacers.
  19. S

Grease fitting upgrade Smart choice, excellent idea! Difficulty?
  20. S

Hadn't considered spacers...Thanks!
  21. S

BTF UCA clearance for wider tire on stock wheel? Stepj19 - Nice Ex! Thanks for posting the pictures. :thumbsup: Allaa' - I am currently running 245 70 17 tires on the stock wheels (looks a little goofy with the lift, that's why no pics at the moment). I want to upgrade to 265 70 17...
  22. S

I used washers I had on hand, inner only, and my setup seems fine. Haven't re-checked the torque yet, though. If buying them anyway, probably wise to go higher grade.
  23. S

Did Brandon give a spec on washers to use? Something like these?
  24. S

Torqued mine to 75 ft-lb when installed, should check them now that you mention it. I have the squeak in the front, but it's not too bad, washers on the inside where they contact the chassis might be helping? The rears I just put in are grease-able and perfectly quiet...
  25. S

Allaa', You're right in that these are remarkably similar to solid axle UCAs found on a lot of muscle cars. What I found was that none of those had exactly the right dimensions, so I reached out to PMT Fabrication seeking a custom solution (no part number). If you wanted to order from them...
Back