Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Well, Ford contacted me yesterday and confirmed that at this time there is no fix for the exhaust in cabin problem. They did confirm that on mine it is definitely the exhaust making its way into the vehicle. As I could no longer risk the health implications from this problem I traded the '12...
  2. J

It seems like bad news for those that of us that have the exhaust smell. Was told it's a design issue of the vehicles air dynamics and nothing can be done to alleviate the situation, if you happen to have the issue. The smell everyone is smelling is actually the vehicle's exhaust system doing...
  3. J

Cory, Thank you. As requested, I sent you my contact information. Hopefully we can get this resolved. As with the others, the odor smells almost like fireworks (gunpowder)under heavy acceleration. If any window is cracked open the smell is overwhelming. If not, the strong smell seeps...
  4. J

New to thread. Have same issue of brunt exhaust smells in Explorer. 4600 miles and it's getting worse. Is there a fix yet? Called Ford and they have no idea just that I should take truck back to service. Already did - Service says it will get better over time but it is getting worse not better!
Back