Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Inner rocker panel - 1999 Explorer 2-door

MONMIX: my concern exactly, so any suggestions as to what is best to do when the inners are rotted out and replacements aren't available? I've considered bolting on square steel tubing within the rocker panel cavity, and then hanging replacement rocker panels over them. Would this work? DugIn
  2. D

Understood. The rusted inners seemed to be curved to match the shape of the outers. However, could one "get by" with either square or rectangular tubing, or angle iron, inside the rocker panel cavity, and achieve the same support? DugIn
  3. D

Interesting. There were clearly two "layers" of material that were present when I removed what I did - the "outer", thin, painted one, and an underlying, thicker, unpainted and very rusty one. So, am I mistaken in that the two come as a joined unit? DugIn
  4. D

I'm doing some body work on my 1999 2-door Explorer. Both the outer and inner rocker panels are rusted out. I can find replacement outers just fine; however, the inners elude me. Some say "no big deal" because they don't add any structural support. Others speak of doors not fitting well...
  5. D

2000 Explorer intermittent total power failure

Replaced the battery; cleaned the battery wires; removed, checked, polished, and re-seated all the fuses and relays inside and out. So, I'm thinking it is a less obvious problem. d
  6. D

2000 Explorer intermittent total power failure

Folks: DugIn here, from Missouri. My daughter drives our 2000 Explorer. She reports that the vehicle's electrical system "goes dead" intermittently, at highway speeds, and then returns to life moments later, without her doing anything either to initiate the "going dead" or "return to life"...
Back