Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Buzzing Sound From Speaker

Is this the same noise, I am having similar issues
  2. S

2011 xlt Engine Noise Coming from Speaker

Is this the noise you are getting ? I am having the same problem. Did not happen for several months and then Monday morning, here we go again.
  3. S

Power Steering Recall - Ford Refuses to service

Just read the recall, does not mention the Explorer though. Going to contact Ford, will report back on results.
  4. S

Power Steering Recall - Ford Refuses to service

I got two recall letters form my Ford dealer about the recall on the steering. (15N01 - FSA Title: EPAS STEERING EFFORTS) On a regular basis, the steering is frozen when starting the vehicle and then takes a few seconds before it frees up and I can turn the steering. On a few occasions I have...
  5. S

Sport Aftermarket Struts/shocks

I need to do mine, have the shocks just need to install them. Do you recall the torque values for the various bolts ? Thanks !
  6. S

Torque values - 2011 Explorer Front Suspension

Just ordered new front struts for my 2011 explorer, anybody know what the torque values are ? Thanks
  7. S

Rear Shocks Replaced

Glad you got it :chug:
  8. S

Rear Shocks Replaced

Leaderjoe, removing the inner fender will not get you to the top bolt. I just took some new pictures. This one show how to remove the access panel, here I have a small hook inserted, then just pull up to remove the panel. Once removed, here is the top bolt. Usually you can hold the shaft...
  9. S

Rear Shocks Replaced

Not sure why the picture is MIA, here it is again. Not very clear, but from the rear seat, there are storage trays, within the trays there is cover right above the mid point of the wheel, use a small flat screwdriver and lift it out from the small gap you can see below, this will give you access...
  10. S

Rear Shocks Replaced

I would imagine you can do this without raising the vehicle if the sway bar is not under tension, but it might make it easier if you do. Block the wheels jack up and place on jack stands to make sure you are safe. I just went with the best recommended shocks my auto parts store had in stock.
  11. S

Rear Shocks Replaced

I ran into some issues replacing the rear shocks, the following will save you a lot of time if you want to do it yourself, takes about 1 hour. After removing the shocks, one had zero resistance left, completely shot. The label Made In china said it all. First, the stock shocks have the bolt on...
  12. S

Rear Shocks Replaced

Ordered the parts, just need some guidance on whether or not the inner fender should be removed to get access to the top mounting bolt.
  13. S

Rear Shocks Replaced

Rear Shock Replacement The dealer just informed me that my rear shocks are leaking at 47k miles, quote just shy of $500. I checked with my local Autozone and PepBoys but no shocks in stock, so will have to order them. Also no Haynes manuals available yet. I figured I would do it myself but...
  14. S

Blown shock

My dealer just informed me that at 47k miles that the rear shocks are leaking. $500 to replace. Will do it myself, just cant find parts.
  15. S

Brake Torque Specs

Was looking for some torque specs on the new gen Explorer, doing brakes but found nothing. Do we have this anywhere ? I looked for the service manual at various parts stores but nothing on the 2011 + Explorer.
  16. S

MFT Battery Saver message on shutdown

Thanks for the topic merge and PM I charged the battery overnight which resolved the issue, confirms that the battery is the cause. Been on vacation for a few days and just did a few short trips instead of my regular commute. Will probably have to get a new battery soon. PS For anyone that...
  17. S

MFT Battery Saver message on shutdown

System Off to Save Battery Something strange started happening the last few days. Normally, when I shut the car off, the radio stays on with the IGN off until I open the door. I have seen the messages once or twice before but it never bothered me much, it is now however persistent...
  18. S

U.S. driver safety group sues Ford over touch-screen systems

Not a big fan of class action anything, but seems like enough people had it with Sync. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-driver-safety-group-sues-235510827.html (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (NYS:F) has been hit with a proposed class action claiming it neglected to fix defects in vehicle...
  19. S

AC not blowing cold

Had a similar problem, low on refrigerant was to blame.
  20. S

Reading Text Messages with iOS 6.1.2

How is that iphone treating you ? :popcorn:
  21. S

Final Hours before i make the decision - Need clarification on a few things

Just tried this (WiFI off on phone, forgot device, deleted on MFT, car off, hard booted phone, car on, paired again) and still nothing. Will attempt again, but I despise this friggen MFT pos :fire::hammer:
  22. S

Sync Applink?

Sent him a tweet, have not head anything back yet, based on experience, not really expecting one either :smoke:
  23. S

Reading Text Messages with iOS 6.1.2

So that kind a confirms the suspicion, its a Ford issue
Back