Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2nd Row Console

I honestly can’t answer that. She doesn’t go btwn the seats.
  2. R

2nd Row Console

Also the vehicle was already on the truck when I agreed to the deal. That was the only thing that wasn’t already installed that I would’ve liked.
  3. R

2nd Row Console

You’re correct, except the $400 is what the dealer quoted for the console and install. And thanks, I’ll fix my profile!
  4. R

2nd Row Console

I had a 2013 XLT with the buckets and the center console. I replaced that vehicle with a 2017 Platinum with the buckets but without the console. My plan was to purchase and have it installed. My boys who regularly sit in the second row like it much better without the console and have requested I...
  5. R

Thoughts btwn 2017 and 2018...

So I'm looking at trading my 13 XLT which we just paid off for this new vehicle. Mine currently has 56000 miles and was trade valued for $17-18k. The 17 I'm looking at has a sticker of almost $56k and I would be paying around $50k with incentives and 0% interest for 5 years. We have no idea the...
  6. R

We've purchased a year ended on a different vehicle before. Can you enlighten me on what those subtle differences are supposed to be on the Explorer? Thanks!
  7. R

I was planning to potentially order a new 18 Platium in the beautiful Burgundy Velevt color with the addition of the second row bucket seats but a local dealer has a 17 Platium in Smoked Quartz with the buckets coming off the truck in about a week that I could get a fabulous deal on. Would it be...
  8. R

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

Do you know if '18 will be a short run? I remember '12 was to bring in the changes for '13 which I why I waited then! I've seen the spy photos for what looks to be the '19 and I'm not a fan of the new body style. Really like what I have just looking to upgrade a bit. Thanks so much!
  9. R

Thanks! I'm also in Massachusetts. I'm thinking at this point to maybe wait out another New England winter with my current '13 XLT then place an order for a new '18 in January or February with potential delivery in the spring. The idea of taking delivery of a new vehicle in December in...
  10. R

My local dealer says they can't take orders yet, only info of what you want to put you in the queue. They did have pricing info but claim it's not an actual order. I had more information than they do. Any advice? Thanks!
  11. R

seats discolored

I've been having the same issue since I received my Ex 7 months ago. Through a suggestion on this board I've used a Mr. Clean magic eraser and it worked like a charm... Esp on the seams. I now have a towel on my seat when I know I have jeans on that may cause a problem. And yes I only wear high...
  12. R

2nd row bucket seats

Where in MA are you?? I have a black XLT with the buckets that I custom ordered and got back in September. I have 2 boys, 1 in a booster and the other in a front facing seat. I usually leave the 3rd row folded down but we have used it many times already. If we are close neighbors I'd be happy to...
  13. R

Convertible car seats: Diono Radian RXT or Recaro Proride?

I have a Britax Marathon 70 in my bucket seats and it fits perfect. We never rear faced in my Explorer, but don't think it would've been an issue!
  14. R

seats discolored

Peter... Thanks so much for your research! I called Ford Customer Service and put a "claim" in with them. I did wear a new pair of jeans last week that hadn't been washed yet and I'm thinking that might've been the culprit. I'm going to read those threads and try to clean it. Then the hubby...
  15. R

seats discolored

Doesn't make any sense! Never heard of leather having this issue.
  16. R

seats discolored

Leather staining... Soooo frustrated! My light stone leather is not even 2 months old and has significant staining on the drivers side seat from what I'm assuming is my jeans. Called the dealership... Yes they've heard of it and no it's not covered under warranty! The new interiors are known to...
  17. R

Touch Up Paint and Paint Codes

Touch up paint... So 1 month down and I already have a chip in the rear bumper. :fire: I know I didn't do it! I'm thinking a shopping cart in the lot, but I would imagine the paint would take more than that to chip. Am I safe to order touch up paint from eBay or should I wait until I can...
  18. R

Purchasing Advice from my fellow enthusiasts!

Just be sure you're actually getting a 2012. Kodiak Brown didn't start as a color until the '13 MY which came out this March. If it was built in 11/11 I highly doubt it's Kodiak Brown. Happy shopping!
  19. R

It's here and perfect!

All girl here!! :D and mom of 2 boys ages 6 and 19 months! This is my car and when I want something I research everything. My husband told me to get what I wanted since he has a company vehicle and rarely drives mine. I did all the wheeling and dealing. He just came along for the ride and to...
  20. R

It's here and perfect!

The paint issue was fixed to the best of their ability. It wasn't so much a scratch but a nick in the paint. From far away it can't be seen. Only when we get up close can we actually notice it. I'm ok with it since it's very small and on the back panel. Now I'm waiting for a call from the...
  21. R

FM/AM names not showing (no RDS?)

Mine doesn't have it but I'd love to figure out how to get it!
  22. R

Eta 9/15!!!

Would love to post a pic but.... The site won't let me! I love the color... The metallic is fantastic in the sun. Now I just need to keep it clean during these crazy New England winters!
  23. R

It's here and perfect!

I'll totally wave when I pass you! I'm in central Mass but make my way out west occasionally! If you're ever in the Southbridge/Sturbridge area be sure to honk! :)
  24. R

It's here and perfect!

LOVE the Ex! So glad I went with the Tuxedo Black and the 2nd row buckets! Crazy thing is dealer says they're flying off the lot as soon as they can get them in. Red and Green going out at the same time as mine. But they had never seen the bucket seats and loved them. Will be taking it back...
  25. R

Eta 9/15!!!

Update... It's here! I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon!!!! Will post when I get my new toy!
Back