Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

New SYNC Version 3.4.23088

I'm fairly convinced the memory issue with the build ver. 22251 in directly related to using Apple Car Play... when my girlfriend attached her iphone to charge in my Ford Ranger, some prompt came up about enabling Apple Car Play...things went south from there. I have all the same issues...
  2. L

Dual 4.2 inch cluster screens - Climate missing

I have a 2015 sport built in early march, I do not have the option to disable Collision Warning, only change sensitivity.
  3. L

Dual 4.2 inch cluster screens - Climate missing

...and no longer able to turn off collision chimes...Ford=Stupid!
  4. L

iPhone Text Messages

Settings>Bluetooth>SYNC>Show Notifications>On
  5. L

New Tint, LED conversion

Some states, like Florida where I live, allow exemptions to sunscreening (tinting) beyond the limits of the law, they include medical exemptions, (Lupus, Dermatomyositis, Albinism, Total or Facial Vitiligo, or Xeroderma Pigmentosum, or other Autoimmune Disease) which requires a limited exposure...
  6. L

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

It is a pretty tedious process to get the wrap to "behave" around the tight radii, you will need to use a heat gun or hair dryer to stretch the film. I took about an hour each to do, from removal, wrap, to reinstall. I don't run it through the car wash, so I can't help you there, but the film...
  7. L

Check these out, I haven't been able to get to the driver's door, so it shows a pretty good comparison to the passenger rear door. I removed the handles to apply the film, I would have removed and had the body shop paint, but it is just a leased vehicle. I think they will probably be...
  8. L

this is what the 3M Gloss Metallic looks like...it is real close, not as much flake on the film.
  9. L

Explorer 2nd row console install

Ordered mine from Autonation, same price as Levitt with free shipping $280.00. I ordered the DB5Z-78045A36-AD, which is black with black stitching, I think it's for all other explorers, not the Sport. When I read the description for the other letters "AA" (last two) the Black/Pebble description...
  10. L

Explorer 2nd row console install

I don't know if anyone has helped you out on this, but i just received my with instructions, see attached
  11. L

2014 New Owners - Check Your Wheels when you pick up your new ride..

FYI- I thought you might be interested in reading this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384401&referrerid=196896
  12. L

Lease Question

I pay $650.00 a month on a 2013 Sport w/401A, sunroof, adaptive cruise, tow package, roof rack crossbars and 2nd row buckets ($50,005 msrp), with 13,500 miles a year for 24 months. Sign and drive, x plan + WearCare (up to $2,500 repairs at lease end) + tire care warranty.
  13. L

Warning: Magnaflow #15218 Cat-Back

Cobrajohn, I was disappointed that the 15218 was not a true bolt-on and the fact they did not design properly for all Sport Model configurations (non-tow and tow packages). My vehicle is a lease and I didn't want to cut the factory exhaust. I think the Corsa exhaust will be a true bolt-on...
  14. L

Warning: Magnaflow #15218 Cat-Back

This thread made my decision not to buy the 15218. Sorry to hear about your experience. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381157&highlight=15218&page=1
  15. L

HID Fog Install Questions

Well I finally completed fabrication of my fog light HID ballasts mounting brackets. i positioned them as high as I could behind the front bumper, I used the existing metal bumper bolt ends.
  16. L

Airaid CAI

Are you concerned about driving in the rain? I think water will definitely get into the box.
  17. L

LED turn signal how-to (front & rear)

Harley, The Cree's are the same ones I purchased and installed. Did you end up removing the originally installed resistors or just switch the bulbs out? Oh, and the red ones are blinding for sure.
  18. L

Help with HID ballast mounting

Kirby, Not sure which kit you are going to install, but I also had the dilemma of where to mount the ballast for a clean look. For the Morimotoes I installed, I ended up fabricating some brackets in the locations you have indicated. It's probably not much help, but I thought I'd share my...
  19. L

New Aluminum Sport Pedals

I ordered from FordParts.com and they were delivered to my local dealership, I paid 85.00 + tax. I spent about a half a hour to install.
  20. L

New Aluminum Sport Pedals

Here it is. Well, I finally got a chance to install the Taurus/MKS Sport Pedal Kit (DG1Z-9G757-A ) on my Explorer Sport, I can't believe this is not OEM. It was really simple, the best tool to use to attach the brake pedal pad is a paint can lid remover you get from the Home Depot. The...
  21. L

Notchy Turn Signal Lever FIX

I think this is a 2013 issue, my 2011 Limited Edge's turn signal arm effort was minimal. My 2013 Sport requires more effort for sure.
  22. L

How to: Notchy Turn Signal Lever FIX

I think this is a 2013 issue, my 2011 Limited Edge's turn signal arm effort was minimal. My 2013 Sport requires more effort for sure.
  23. L

LED turn signal how-to (front & rear)

Harley, I'll try to get some photos or video this weekend.
Back