Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Broken timing chain, valve involvement?

I agree. Till now I would never have thought of 92K being high mileage. The engine is slick as a whistle. I can turn the crank with my hands, and yes the pistons reciprocate. Absolutely no compression.
  2. H

No compression at all, Thus the whirring sound when trying to crank. It shut off immediately with no noise. I don't think loss of oil pressure would an issue sense it shut off abruptly. My problem is that I have no place to work on it so I will have to let it sit or pay to have it checked...
  3. H

35-40 MPH when it quit, no noise, thought it was out of gas. Many attempts to restart. No clicking or clacking. Originally thought starter sense I could only hear a whir and could not see fan movement from drivers seat. Assuming damaged valves, can you simply replace the valves and run the...
  4. H

4.0 SOHC, Main timing chain (crank to Jack shaft) broken. What are the chances that the valves have not been damaged?
  5. H

Mystifying starter problem

Still more mystifying. Remove starter from vehicle and jump from vehicle wiring to starter which is now lying on the ground, turn key, bendix advances, starter turns. Flex plate OK. Ps. Thanks for replys
  6. H

Can a security module prevent a bendix from engaging?
  7. H

2004 explorer, auto trans, engine quits while in motion, suspect gas out. Gas up, starter motor spins, Bendix does not engage, remove starter, bench test OK, Bendix advances properly 12 volt at wiring on vehicle, including 12 volt switch signal jump starter to vehicle wiring, turn switch, Bendix...
Back