Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Wiring question?

That's my biggest hold up right now. I've gotten wiring diagrams from a few different places. And none of them jive color wise as well as there are no mentions of plug locations
  2. C

Wiring question?

I believe its from the multifunction switch. This end ran behind the parking brake on the driver's side kick panel. And too the floor. Not sure why he tapped into it 6 different times behind the kick panel but he did.
  3. C

Wiring question?

Hey guys. I bought my 92 explorer thinking I just had to fix up the torque converter bushing. But after some work with getting it on the road. I figured out I have no lights in the rear. This harness was pretty much wire nutted, scotch locked and hacked to pieces. Is this the correct harness...
  4. C

Newbie from Iowa

Thanks! I'll grab a new one when I drop it so I can Replace it when I get it pulled. I just hope the tranny is good.
  5. C

Newbie from Iowa

Hey all. I've actually been registered for a long time but finally got back into another explorer. 92 with a rough country lift with a massive tranny leak from either the pump or torque converter seal. I keep reading horror stories about a bushing for the torque converter needing machined in...
  6. C

Need a spedo driven gear?

Hi all. I'v egot my 96 Explorer sport that the drive and driven gears for the spedometer are worn out. I work for ford and the spedo gear is available but the driven gear is not. Does anyone know where I could possibly find one. part number is E8TZ/17285/C Might just have to find a transfer case...
  7. C

Scores on the TL

keep in mind all the scores but the 94 limited were in particle board boxes 1 run of 4 ga. stock electrical. It was one of those throw it together and go situations. But nice scores for you guys! what kind of set ups are you running?
  8. C

Scores on the TL

Bronco II 149.3 was 3 soundstream spl 15's (the old ones) and a rubicon 1002. 145.5 legal was 4 powerbass ps-10's off a us apms MD3d. the 150.9, 94 explorer limited was 4 powerbass m15''s off an American Bass vfl. 150.1 @ .5 ohm. And the 2002 149.4 was the same 15"s and VFL amp in my wifes...
  9. C

A couple of issues?

Fluid is full. and I understand it's kinda difficult to pinpoint something without physically hearing it. I thought it was the throwout bearing because it kind of sounded like that but we replaced it and still noisey, shift fork bushing stuck somewhere? It does makes the noise inconsistantly.
  10. C

Iowa newbie.

Thanks guys, And kert I would send you some but it's off the shelves before i ever get there.
  11. C

A couple of issues?

Well when we did the throw out bearing My tech said that the transfer case didn't spins as free as he thought it should. Is there anything in the transfer case that could make that kind of noise? or cause that issue. I really miss my manual shift 4wd, and lock outs.
  12. C

Battery light on after installing new alternator

The stock alt. is actually a 3g. And no it should be run from battery positive post to your distributuin block. It is putting a strain on your alt. that way. Check they voltage from your alt. if it's charging over 15 volts it might be causeing it to turn on from over voltage which means nothing...
  13. C

Audio Help 91 exploder

I'm not a big fan of the factory system in the first and second gen explorers. of course every one that I have owned had a blown up factory sub and a hacek wiring harness. I just got a roll of 12 ga. speaker wire and ran them straight off the aftermarket deck. And then added amplifiers. you have...
  14. C

Scores on the TL

1984 BroncoII 149.3 outlaw USACi , 145.5 sealed legal Midwest SPL 1994 Explorer limited 150.9 outlaw USACI 2002 Explorer 149.4 outlaw USACI 1996 Explorer Sport rebuilding now.
  15. C

A couple of issues?

Hi all, Ive got a 1996 Explorer sport 4x4 4.0 ohv 5 speed. Aside from the typical VSS problems. and haveing 200k+ miles on it its a fairly solid explorer. A couple of issues I'm haveing are: Mazda 5 speed. When I'm decelerating and I leave it in gear it makes a very loud mid pitched growl that...
  16. C

Iowa newbie.

Hi all, My Name is Clint and I reside in Holstein, Ia. I'm a huge explorer/ broncoII fan and my current vehicle is a 96 explorer sport. thanks for haveing a great site. :exporange
Back