Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Cannot open right rear door, inside or out

Dealer corrected the door issue. They contacted Ford and the technician had to do what I expected, cut the door trim panel to gain access to the lock/latch mechanism to open the door. Replaced the latch/lock and the door trim panel. Took a few days but the technician did a great job and left no...
  2. U

Okay, thanks for the input. We will see on January 6 what the story is. This is the first issue that the vehicle has had in almost 3 years of ownership. To only have one thing go wrong in three years is pretty amazing and speaks well of the quality in Ford products.
  3. U

The vehicle has 16,360 miles and is under warranty. There is an appointment for repairs but I wanted to learn if others have had this issue. Main thing would be to avoid collateral damage from ripping the door trim panel off to get at the lock/latch with the door closed. It might not be pretty...
  4. U

Passenger rear door, 2013 Ex will not open from the inside or out, acts like the lock actuator and lock button detached from latch inside door. Anyone had this issue and had it fixed?
  5. U

Water Leak

2013 Explorer We've had our 2013 Ex since April. While we don't drive it every single day, it has been on some trips. I'm a retired car dealer service manager (General Motors) and know a little bit about cars. Long story short, I have yet to find a single thing wrong with this 2013 Explorer.
  6. U

flash drive happy

This thread reminded me of a song we dance to in Eastern Carolina, it is called "My Big Sister's Transistor Radio" and the song is about all the stations you were able to pick up at night on the AM band from 50,000 watt clear channel stations at night by using the phenomenon of 'skip' of the...
  7. U

Sturdy Build Quality

Having worked in Ohio auto dealers service departments for 38 years (mostly as service mgr.) I have spent some time under vehicles. The undercarriage of the 2013 Explorer was one of the selling points for me. It looks to be very well engineered IMHO. Regarding the undercoating, time has...
  8. U

What tires are they shipping on the 2013 XLT 4wd?

My 38 years working in GM dealer service departments, mostly as service manager, clearly demonstrated that we had few issues with Michelin tires compared to all other brands. In fact, I cannot recall ever seeing a Michelin that had a defect, especially one that caused a ride disturbance. Also, I...
  9. U

I really like my Explorer!

We got our 2013 Explorer a few weeks ago and it is one fine vehicle. I was a GM Service Mgr for quite a few of the 38 years I spent in GM Dealers. Our Explorer XLT is a fine riding, solid and well designed SUV. Only things I could find to do were minor alignment of hood and right tail lamp...
  10. U

2013 Explorer in possession?

Our 2013 Ex is supposed to roll of the assembly line Thursday, 3/22. Meanwhile, other 2013's ordered after mine for stock are already sitting 0oon the dealer's lot. Our 2013 is an XLT with no options except towing. Go figure...... Al in NC
Back