Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Problem installing Torsion bar key isolator pads

It's done. This is actually the second set of lower control arms that I put on this truck it's just been probably 11 years since I did the last one. Thanks to everyone's help from this forum the first go around and now the second go around.Hope I can be here to help y'all in the future. Thanks
  2. N

Work has got me tired as all get out. That's why I've been so unresponsive, sorry. I got them in though,but not out the woods yet. Problem was I bought an upgrade, a new set of Rancho shocks. I was so excited of having my own first set that I started putting the shocks in everything back on and...
  3. N

Hello so I started out swapping the lower control arms out,which led to removing torsion bar key in which I find out the isolator pads are deteriorated to nothing. I get some new pads now I'm ready to install but I'm having problems with the 5ton 2-jaw puller staying straight,I can almost get...
  4. N

Wiring new upgrade lights

Hi everyone, I have a 01 base model sport trac and I want to install new OEM fog lights with halo lights inside,also halo lights inside of the headlights, and rock lights installed in the wheel wells as well as lights under the hood and maybe some extra aux lights. So, I have a base model ST...
  5. N

Fog Light Wiring

I have an 01' base that I installed the Pilot fog lights on,but now I have a set of aftermarket OEM fog lights that I want to install on the truck. I was searching under the frame for the fog lamp sockets and could only find one socket that wasn't connected to anything, on the drivers side. None...
  6. N

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

Body mount bushings deteriorating
  7. N

Torque converter bad or ???

I tried to tighten the shifter bolts , but they were already tight. I also adjusted the knob on the cable.
  8. N

When I first start the truck in the morning it usually is over 1100 after about 1 minute or longer it goes down to about 500
  9. N

I need help with a problem on my 01 Sport Trac v6 4.0L 2wd. The problems I'm having are: 1. Sometimes more than other times I have to turn the ignition key into on position put my foot on the brake then move back and forth through the gears and put it back into Park. Then the truck will start...
  10. N

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

2001 Sport Trac max tire size upgrade on 15" wheels without a lift is 31 10.50 x 15
  11. N

Tailgate hinge cup bushings

I have an 01' sport trac and the tailgate hinge cup bushings on the passenger side needs to be replaced. Doe's anybody know where i can purchase a set (left & Right)?
  12. N

how to replace heater control/bypass valve

My temp gauge is working fine and the heater works well..
  13. N

how to replace heater control/bypass valve

How can you tell if the heater control valve is going bad? I can hear pressure building up around that area every time i start up my engine..
  14. N

How to know if your transmission cooler is bad?

delayed shift Could you just use compressed air to clear it out? I have already changed the trans fluid and filter a year ago. I'm having delay and clunk problems going from park to reverse. I've read you can change the solenoid pack ($255)and this takes care of it.
  15. N

Help with this noise

That's the same noise my engine made when the idler pulley went out. My idler pulley looked brand new before it went out. There was a shiny fine metal dust around the bearing.
  16. N

Fuel pump gone bad?

I swapped out the old fuel pump assembly for a entirely new one ,since i was going to have the tank out of the truck already just made sense to me and while it was out i decided to clean up the tank and spray paint with black epoxy paint. Plugged everything back up,and tightened the 3 bolts...
  17. N

Fuel pump gone bad?

I tried to listen for the fuel pump while a friend turned on the key..nothing, no noise, no vibration.. dead. We also checked to see if it was the relay. The key on, the relay clicks everytime the key is in the on position(relay good). I started to drop the tank and replace the entire fuel pump...
  18. N

Fuel pump gone bad?

Ok, the 20a fuse broke easily when i was checking to see if it was blown. I tried to see if it was the inertia, i unplugged it then plugged it back together..still nothing. Now it could be the wiring to the inertia further back,maybe. I didnt get that far tonight. I had to ride my bike home from...
  19. N

Fuel pump gone bad?

2001 sport trac v6 4.0L sohc 2wd. reman engine,new fuel injectors and fuel filter (3000 miles). Just last weekend i almost got stranded on the Huey P. Long bridge crossing the Mississippi river. Just about 3/4 the way up the bridge when the truck started to sputter and almost die. i tried to...
  20. N

Power steering/Hard to turn

MUst of had air or a blockage in the line. Everything works good now.
  21. N

I just changed the power steering pump. Cleared up well until 3 miles down the road. It is doing it still not as often and not as hard to turn..
  22. N

I have a 2001 sport trac 4.0L sohc v6 2wd. Problem is when the truck is stopped its hard to turn the wheel,same like when the truck is turned off and you try to turn.. I have had a little agravting noise from pump for a while. Couple of days ago i did a 360 in the feild nothing high rev or...
Back