Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Don't give up, this has happened to me on my 2013 and others. If you're not getting satisfaction at the dealer, PM Crystal and get customer service involved. There is more discussion of this happening in this thread... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308477 Good Luck.
  2. C

Passenger side broke halfway up and flew off while driving last fall on my 2013. Dealer said 2013 wasn't covered by TSB. I blew up. They replaced both sides under warranty. It's been fine since. My 2013 obviously should have had the updated trim from the factory, but it fails, too. It's...
  3. C

Mapquest

A little off topic but somewhat covered in this thread... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364903 Send To Car app for Android allows you to use Google Maps and send to Sync from your smartphone. I've had inconsistencies with Map Quest (addresses and delivery to Sync)...
  4. C

Update: Please bear in mind my dealer is a 50 mile round trip. Dealer did not want to warranty the a-pillar. Said that the TSB didn't cover a my 2013. After yelling at them for a few minutes (it was ugly), they agreed to replace. They had the a-pillars on hand, but couldn't locate them in...
  5. C

My wife's 2013 Explorer. Passenger a-pillar started buzzing on 10/10, broke off on 10/11 while driving, been parked since. Submitted pictures to the dealer for warranty approval on 10/12, still waiting...
  6. C

Active Phone Number Management

Rebecca, Thanks for the workaround! I set up the second account and pm'd you the VIN's. If this works as it should, I'd like to set up my parents the same way. Told some friends with the same situation, too. Thanks again...
  7. C

Active Phone Number Management

This is a question for Rebecca, but I'd like to hear if others have an issue with Sync's requirement to only have one "active" phone number per Sync account. Here's my situation: I own two vehicles with Sync. My wife and I both have smartphones and like to be able to send directions to Sync...
  8. C

What happened to 'Send to Ford' in Google Maps?

If you have an Android phone, there's an easy way to use Google Maps using the free "Send To Car" app. Send To Car will store your Sync information and when you look up your address in Google Maps, you use the "Share this place" feature and "Send To Car" will appear in the options. Click send...
  9. C

My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate

That's the way mine is, too. The headliner curves up at the windshield so it's not visible without effort. I can't see the edge unless I stick my head in as far forward on the dash as possible, and can't see it from the outside due to the windshield tint at the top. Probably would have never...
  10. C

Anyone gotten a brochure and $750 coupon lately?

I requested a brochure on 4/3. My Ex had an ETA to the dealer of 4/5, then it was pushed back to 4/13. Dealer called yesterday and said my Ex just rolled off the truck. I called Ford Marketing and the rep confirmed that I was eligible for the $750 private cash offer. Called my dealer back...
  11. C

jpreves, I had a similar situation. Originally ordered a 2012 Ex on 11/15, didn't find out until 2/10 that the order was balanced out on 12/8. Dealer showed that the order was still active, but Ford said no it wasn't. Re-ordered a 2013 on 2/17 after a week of arguing with everyone. Mine...
  12. C

Anyone gotten a brochure and $750 coupon lately?

How long did it take to receive, once you requested the brochure?
  13. C

Got an update from Cory this morning... my order has moved to "awaiting shipment" with estimated delivery to my dealer of 4/5. Ordered on 2/17. Dealer is 6 hours from Chicago assembly plant, hope that my X gets on a transport a little quicker, though. Can't wait.
  14. C

Got VIN today on Limited I ordered on 2/20

I feel your pain. My 2012 that I ordered on 11/15 is getting built as a 2013 on 3/19. Without the gory details, try PM'ing Cory to see if your dealer has a stock order pending for a 2013 with exactly the same options as your 2012. Could be the dealer messed up and is trying to cover. From...
  15. C

I had heard the same thing about second row bucket production delays, too. I ordered one with second row buckets on 2/17. Cory sent me my VIN yesterday and told me that mine would come out of production middle of this month. Called my dealer and they gave me a production date of 3/19.
  16. C

Dealer not dealing ...

Dealers in Minnesota are very competitive. I ordered a 2013 on 2/16, dealer I worked with sells everything at invoice minus rebates. I verfied the invoice price on Edmunds. Current rebates at time of delivery will apply (right now $500 from the factory + $500 from Farm Bureau membership)...
Back