Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Rearview Camera Problems

doctorpullit...that job was a piece of cake so I thank you for your advice! Spent more time walking back and forth to my toolbox than actually doing the repair. 10-15 minutes max. I have always liked the benefit of the backup grid and guides so I'll probably fork out the $70 and have the dealer...
  2. R

Rearview Camera Problems

I just ordered the part for $140. We'll see how things go. I had the benefit of seeing the service process posts you referred me to before visiting the dealer. I was also suspicious of the nameplate replacement.
  3. R

Rearview Camera Problems

Thanks doctor pullit. Your $500 estimate was accurate based on a quote I was given today. Amazingly, part of the quote involves a new FORD nameplate they claim has to be removed by a heat gun in the service process!
  4. R

Rearview Camera Problems

Thanks Peter. I have located all the fasteners that were referenced...looks like an easy fix. Since I'll need to take it to the dealer for reprogramming anyway, I'll also run it past them to see if I can get a reasonable quote. Crystal, If you are monitoring, please look at all the issues I...
  5. R

Rearview Camera Problems

Looks like I'm the latest victim of a failed backup camera on my 2011 Explorer LTD with 67k miles. Please allow me to get a few things off my chest regarding this vehicle before I continue. At first oil change (4k miles) antifreeze was noted from the front cover water pump weep hole: New...
  6. R

GPS Connection Delays

I experienced similar issues virtually since my 2011 was new. After multiple trips to dealer for MFT and GPS software updates, they FINALLY made progress by repalcing some hardware including the GPS module and aerial (antenna?). Since the unresolved case was documented during warranty, Ford...
  7. R

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Not sure if this helps but I also had an issue with the plastic caps that cover the luggage rack ends being loose and able to vibrate. I never had Ford Service work on the caps as I just stuck a plastic shim along the side to tighten them and the noise disappeared. In retrospect, they actually...
  8. R

GPS Connection Delays

Not sure your math is right. At a rate of 700 in 4 minutes it should take about 15 minutes for 2500. Never timed it but that's in the ballpark. I had a problem with cabin heating last year and something tells me they did the cooling fan reprogram at that time. Bottom line, for all of us, is...
  9. R

GPS Connection Delays

I just got off a chat with Sync support and they told me the upgrade involves more than just the software update which explains why I could not get the download? But I will try your suggestion first. Thanks.
  10. R

GPS Connection Delays

Thanks for the feedback guys. I ALWAYS use the syncmytunes app when adding media to my iPod. I have about 2500 songs so maybe its just overwhelmed! So, at least that's not an issue. Just seems to me that there should be a manual control for that time consuming process. With respect to MFT...
  11. R

GPS Connection Delays

I have very similar problems with GPS. They include: 1) long delays getting "locked in", 2) Red X over GPS icon can be one anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes after start up, 3) Having trouble tracking correct road, etc. Have 3.5.1 installed and just had it to dealer where they programmed APIM to TSB...
  12. R

climate control: HVAC Issues

Dealer will fix it Vdel, I had a similar problem with a call for heat. HVAC would blow cold air on driver side and heated air on passenger side. The problem would come and go with no identified cause or pattern. Like you, I was also skeptical that my local dealer could re-create the problem...
  13. R

Hi Crystal, This question may be more general in nature. What success do Ford dealers have in diagnosing intermitent problems such as this heat issue, or, the A-pillar buzz/rattle? I worry that my dealer will simply say "we cannot re-create the problem". Where does that leave me in such a...
  14. R

No heat sometimes I am having same issue with 2011 Limited. Intermittent loss of heat. No matter what I do to the HVAC controls I will not get heat. Usually if I restart heat will flow, otherwise loss of heat is very random. Did I understand there is a TSB to address this? It's starting to get...
  15. R

Loading Custom POI for Sync Navigation

Does anyone know if there is a way to upload custom POI's into a 2011 Explorer navigation system? This is a common feature on most portable (Garmin) GPS systems.
  16. R

Check loose roof rack caps for noise I posted here a few months ago thinking that my buzz-rattle was a-pillar related. While looking for things around the windshield trim that could vibrate, I noticed that the driver-side front roof rack cap was loose. As a temporay fix I stuck a small piece of...
  17. R

A-pillar vibration/rattle Hi Cory, Seems like you have helped out many on this thread! I am also having the same problem others have cited on this discussion thread. I would describe the problem as either a buzz and/or rattle that appears to be coming from the windshield area. My symptoms...
Back