Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

got a question I followed your instructions and getting the old actuator out was easy but I have gotten 2 new actuators and I plugged them in before installing them put knob on cold and the both turned 1direction when I turned key on but wont turn back the other direction . Do I have something...
  2. D

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Excellent post! Other than cutting bottom of console followed directions and it was very easy . Thanks for posting the procedure!
  3. D

turn signals

My son just bought a 2000 ranger extended cab .The turn signals don't work unless u jiggle the turn signal stock then all they do is just light up. I was wondering if I just replace the turn signal switch it will fix the problem.
  4. D

radius arm bushings

How hard is it to change radius arm bushings? Do you have to take the arm off? How do you get to the bushing on the back side the side with the nut on it is easy to get to. This is on a 1990 bronco 2
  5. D

Just heat

I have manual controls with no clicking behind the temp control knob. I do have the clicking in the back of the truck though
  6. D

02 Explorer XLT Overheating - Baffled in NJ

mine did that when I replaced the thermostat, temp gauge would go up and down wildly. I had an air pocket in the cooling system , I just ran the engine up to temp leaving the reservoir cap off and the heater going full blast and that seemed to take care of it
  7. D

Just heat

I have an 02 explorer and all I get is heat out of the vents . Ive opened the glove box door and saw the actuaters working and moving the blend door ,so I have no idea what the problem is.
  8. D

transmission fluid

I was wondering what type of transmission fluid my sons 1990 bronco 2 takes . the guys at advanced auto said mercon v I didn't think that was around in 1990
  9. D

2002 explorer windows wont go up or down

broken wire Sure enough pulled back the rubber boot found the black wire broken. Fixed it and windows work great . Thanks for the help. Doug
  10. D

2.9 L idles fast

Thanks for the suggestions guys..It was a vacumme leak ,there was a hose just laying there, i didnt see it first time i looked under hood Thanks Doug
  11. D

2.9 L idles fast

My son has a 90 bronco 2 with the 2.9 L .Its been idling fast and the throttle stop is backed away from linkage and still idles fast
  12. D

2002 explorer windows wont go up or down

I got a 2002 4 door explorer xlt,the windows wont go down or up , ive checked the fuses under the dash and under the hood ,nothing seems to be blown . Nothing else seems to have a problem but the radio.
  13. D

inside door handle

My son just got a 90 b2 ,the inside passanger door handle just quit unlatching the door. The handle works on the outside of the door. I took the door card off and can see the rod move when i pull the handle and it moves the mechanism but im not sure if it moves enough ive never worked on door...
Back