Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

112,000 on my 03 sport. Pulles strong and have never had a problem............. Eaton m90 pending installation :)
  2. N

Rear hatch glass hinges

thank You For All The Info On Here. Just A Strange Note To Add. The 4 Door And 2 Door Sport Use The Same Latch Yet The Sport Isn't Covered. I Feel Jewed!!!!
  3. N

Maintenance after Lift and Tires?

Alignment is a must. One preventative thing you can do is reposition your front CV boots so that they are not so bundled up and rubbing against themselves. Over time this will cause them to wear through or rip especially if you maxed out your TT, The new increased angle and such. Just undo the...
  4. N

Colorado Colors Run 2013 - Planning and Discussion

I'm interested too. I've always wanted to go to An explore outing but have never lived close enough to go to 1. I'm in Fort Collins Colorado now I'm down for anything relatively close Beuni would be about as far as I would want to drive My X. another idea is Estes Park, I've Heard theres a big...
  5. N

mechanical cooling fan vs electric

I agree the electrical fan is convenient as far as shutting it off in colder weather. The clutch fan on my 03 shortsport is always drawing a little bit of air through the radiator, so when winter comes it seems like my ex never gets up to full operating temperature and even just the heater...
  6. N

i need help bad! at the end of my rope.

Si i agree. CEL won't erase itself
  7. N

Popped in some new plugs the other day...

This is only one example. I know of plenty other Ford and GM applications that the same has happened. A good friend works for Ford as a mechanic for over 30 years and . backs this claim up. I love and only use NGK in my Evolution
  8. N

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

Just hit 100,000 on my 2003 short sport. Runs like it just now is being broke in
  9. N

Sohc+backpressure=?

I have a 03 sport sport xlt i hacked the exhaust off right before the 2 cats remounted the 2nd O2 sensor, ran a Flowmaster 40 and a down turn rightbefore the rear axle, no tail pipe. The power gain is decent high and low, sound is great. Backpressure is a myth
  10. N

Fuel injectors

Retune the A/F
  11. N

HOW TO: DIY CAI for 4.0 SOHC Explorer Sport

Beautiful writeup. Bumpbump
  12. N

How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions

Bountiful writeup. I just want to add on a little. The stock groundwires are long enough so the new brackets are not nessessary. I used them and had grounding/ charging problems. Removed them and now everything is fine
  13. N

2002 Sport 2door Diff, Open or LSD?

What is its submodel XLT, XLS, etc...?
  14. N

i need a little help

What you'll need its spring perches from M.O.R.E., the biggest they make for only $49ish and then shackles. the Performance Accessories part number #883 for a 98 Ranger 3" body lift. Then you'll see where your patience and mechanical know how can take you. Trust me its worth it though. By doing...
  15. N

i need a little help

Look around on this forum and you'll find the solution many others came up with. There are 2 very expensive 4" lifts from traimaster and superlift. You can get 5" in the front and 6.25 in the back for a fraction of the price. It just takes some ingenuity and patience. Key ideas are Spring over...
  16. N

NGK yet again is another bad choice for any American vehicle, especially Explorers. I burned up a set in 500 miles in my 03 short sport. NGK are excellent for any imported vehicle, especially Japanese
  17. N

Bosch plugs were horrible plugs to put in there. These trucks are very temperamental with their spark systems. Its either stock spec MotorCraft or replace and upgrade it ALL. Talking MSD Ignition Controller, coil pack, bigger gage wire, plugs, and full out tune. The works
  18. N

bad idle and acceleration

Coil pack could be an issue. What type of plugs did you put in?
  19. N

Lifting a '95-01 IFS Article

that's funny the 03 short sport xlt with only shackles and 1" of tt fit 33's with absolutely no rub unless you stuff the **** out of your backend. then tge simple fix is wheel spacers
  20. N

Comment by 'num5golden' in media 'BMRA - Gilmer, TX'

Is there only a body lift on the IFS. How did you match the front end with the leaf over
  21. N

Comment by 'num5golden' in media 'BMRA - Gilmer, TX'

Is there only a body lift on the IFS. How did you match the front end with the leaf over
Back