Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Bottom USB port only charges

2013 Ex Limited has two USB ports arranged vertically. The top one charges connected devices and reads whatever phones or storage devices I connect to it. The bottom USB port, however, will only charge devices. It does not read any device I connect to it. I scoured the manual and there is...
  2. A

2013 Limited: Collision Warning System inoperative

Thank you. This is what I expected. I have it set to the highest sensitivity, yet I get no response from the system under any circumstances.
  3. A

How does it work for you, though? Do you see the lights go on the dash/windshield? What make them light up for you?
  4. A

Hi. For any of you who have a 2013 Ex with the 'Collision Warning System', can you please tell me how it works for you? Do you get the red lights on the dash / windshield regularly and as you would expect? I ask because I don't believe the system is functioning in our car. The 2012 XLT we...
  5. A

REVIEW: I picked up new 2013 Ford Explorer this past Saturday (3/31/2012)

Please understand, Yoster, I'm not trying to compare the Ex to those other cars per se, but instead aim to show that there are other cars, which are considered luxury, to be had in the same price range. Like you said, and Audi A3 is by no means an SUV. But, they have refined luxury features...
  6. A

I have driven numerous models of ambulances and fire trucks decades ago when I was a paramedic and later when working as a firefighter.
  7. A

The XC60 takes regular unleaded, as does the whole Volvo line.
  8. A

In actuality, the "standard" 4x4 Explorer is a $31K vehicle. Your assertion that the price is what makes for a luxury vehicle is not correct. Here's some luxury vehicles that are priced similarly to the base 4x4 Ex: Mercedes Benz C250 $34,800 Volvo C30 $24,950 Volvo S60 $31,300 Volvo...
  9. A

MFT is just one of the features of this not $40K, but $50K vehicle (2013 Limited, 302A, DVD players, cross bars, all weather mats, bumper scuff protector).
  10. A

Navigation Experience

I had the exact issue coming out of a parking garage in Philadelphia last weekend. GPS would simply not lock (had the 'X' for the next ten minutes, even on I-95). I don't know if it's coincidental or not, but when I allowed the car to connect to my phone while on I-95, within seconds of the...
  11. A

For whatever reason, on our car, touching any part of the handle will unlock, including the area around the black 'thing' (since it's not a button...more like a target, I guess, since I have to touch it square-on).
  12. A

Absolutely. The XC60 is actually crossover, more comparable to the Edge. I'm looking at the feature sets, and the XC60 is the car we most recently owned. The 2008 V8 XC90 AWD we leased for two years is a much better comparison, but yet again, the fully loaded Ex pales in comparison, but the XC90...
  13. A

Does the XLT have the features that the Limited with the 302A package has? If not, then I am glad you like your car, but you're comparing apples to staplers. The E350 has a different "mission" than the Explorer. I had a GL450 on a two year lease years ago and could not justify the relatively...
  14. A

Compatible 3G/4G Modems

I see the purpose of this functionality in the event that you have a USB cell modem, like from Sierra, et.al., and don't want to have to connect it to a laptop and then share internet service through same. If, however, you have tethering for your cell phone enabled, then there is no need to...
  15. A

Thank you! I was thinking that a simulator would be a great learning tool for Sync/MFT. The software is already written and runs on the computer installed in the car's dash. Porting it to the PC or Apple shouldn't be a big stretch or time commitment, and coupled with a microphone for voice...
  16. A

Thank you so much for all of the info and for taking the time to provide it. I see the pull to the side where traction was reduced/lost (wheel in water) as a sign that the vehicle is, as you say, not AWD full-time. The loss of traction on one side allows the other side which still has...
  17. A

That I did not know. Are you sure about that? If that is so, I would think that there would be a voice training app built in like was the norm for Dragon Naturally Speaking. The gist is that you're provided with a story which you read aloud to the computer. By doing so, it learns how you...
  18. A

Thanks for the info. It sounds like we do have a fault, then, with the radar sensor. The lease for the Explorer, after x-plan and $750 incentive, gave us an adjusted price of about $48K including the 302A, DVD headrests, all weather mats, and cross bars. The MSRP was $50,165. I agree...
  19. A

I said at the beginning that I was comparing the Ex to the vehicle we traded in. I describe my personal take on the Explorer. It is not authoritative nor objective. It is merely my opinion of the Explorer, and it is my opinion that when a car's price has risen into the same lofty levels as the...
  20. A

Did you test or know how to test every feature of a car you were test driving prior to purchase? How many people in this forum believed they were getting wonderful technology in the form of Sync/MFT only to find in day to day use that it was buggy and didn't live up to its potential? As for...
  21. A

The button unlocks the lift gate. The rest of the doors remain locked. Thanks though.
  22. A

We took a 2012 XLT out for a while. We couldn't test Sync/MFT because we had no idea how to use it, and it is not really something designed to be intuitive, and I say this as a software engineer whose specialty is user interface design and architecture. We knew from the test drive that it...
  23. A

Thank you. I'll try that. From a user perspective, this could be better. I keep harping about the Volvo, but they have this kind of thing pretty refined. For the Volvo, pulling any of the four door handles will automatically unlock all of the doors (is configurable -- can just be the...
Back