Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Anyone in the Denver area???

I live in colorado springs, go to denver for the car shows
  2. U

Ratchet shifter

right, i was looking into the shift cable for the mustangs as the best option rather than a relocation of my current cable. either way i work it out theres still a lot of cutting and fabrication. its going to be a challenge for sure but worth it when i take it to car shows. Got the first one of...
  3. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

The pics were taken around colorado springs. Ill be getting better ones probably the weekend after this
  4. U

Ratchet shifter

Thanks. When it comes to this ratchet shifter, my options are pretty limited. I like my Ride to look like it came from the factory that way. So the less custom fabrication the better. I alread know ill have to fabricate and weld a mounting bracket regardless if it fits better in a gen 3 or gen 4...
  5. U

2002 p0775 code fixed but now more problems

If you had functionality of your 4x4 selection and now dont, id say you got screwed and should talk to the shop and make them fix it or take em for a legal ride. But to fix your issue, start with the basics of resetting your computer by disconnecting your battery first. This will cause the...
  6. U

Ratchet shifter

yea that would be helpful but it would be easier(and cheaper) to pull a center console out of a 4th Gen at a junk yard than import the part. either way ill be custom fabricating a mounting bracket to the body under the console not to mention cutting a new tunnel for the shift cable.
  7. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

yea....about that lol. posted my pics on this one right before you merged the threads haha. sorry for the doubles everyone
  8. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

only work on the inside was a sound system. Got 2 Rockford Fosgate T2 12"s pushed by a RF T-2500BD amp(2500W) and focal speakers in the doors with tweets in the front pillars. and the exhaust is dumped out on one side cause the fuel tank runs down the passenger where i originally wanted the...
  9. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

more coming
  10. U

Ratchet shifter

yea that would be an ok start but id still be cutting the hell out of the center console because the shifter im looking at is narrower than that and longer as well. id be doing a lot of cutting and filling to make it fit and also make a custom bezel to cover up the bolts. i have a buddy with a...
  11. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Go for the combine
  12. U

Ratchet shifter

Its a possibility. Id have to see where the shifter is located on the console. Know anyone that has a manual 02? Cause a pic would definitely help
  13. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

The wheels are 22" and 9.5" wide. I forgot the tire size lol. But i got pics on my phone but cant upload from it for some reason. Is there an iphone app for this? Hahaha
  14. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Its lowered with ground force springs. Has a custom side swept exhaust, k&n intake, MSD blaster coils and ill be throwing on shorty headers by summer as well as a 3000 stall torque converter
  15. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

http://www.customcarsandbikesofcolorado.com/. This is the website for the shop that did my body work. They have a pic of the rear. Im posting from a phone right now and cant upload pics til tomorrow. Cant miss the pic, i have my underglow on
  16. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Easiest way to tell is the headlights and grille shape. Ignore the body kit and youll see it haha
  17. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yea ill see what i can do for daylight pics. Its been modified to the point that i get asked what it is on a daily basis lol
  18. U

Ratchet shifter

Ill try to get more pics up for you guys. Ill head down to the local junk yard when i get back to town and see if anyone climbed a tree with a gen 4 lol. I know the only other trans options for gen 3s was the manual but was scrapped after the '02s. But i bought the explorer in 09 and it was...
  19. U

Photos 3rd gen pic's

new to the forum but heres my ride. Posted a thread about my next mod. a ratchet shifter for the 5R55S trans.
  20. U

Ratchet shifter

So im new to the forum and have been slowly turning my gen3 04 XLT into a street machine. It has the 4.6 paired with the 5R55S. Im tired of the steering column shifter and have been looking at the TCI street fighter ratchet shifter for the 05-09 mustang since it is a 5R55S specific shifter. Ive...
Back