Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Front End Noise - Need Help

I can feel it also.... Is there any way to rule out transfer case or diff?
  2. P

2006 Explorer XLT Grinding at 30mph

Having a similar problem, both front bearings have been replaced. I have an AWD 2006 Mountaineer
  3. P

Front End Noise - Need Help

2006 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0L V6 AWD with 84,000 miles I have read many threads on the front end noise and I can't seam to find any that have led me to the right diagnosis. My wife is the primary driver of this vehicle so I don't know how long these noises where present. Anyway, I took it...
  4. P

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Mill1978, where did you get your parts from? I am talking to Rockauto.com and they say their Timken sets are not made in the usa and don't come with bolts. edit: when i say bolts, i am not referring to the 5 wheel studs. i am referring to the three mounting bolts.
  5. P

Thanks for the info Mill1978 and edwx. The Moog part also says National. The Timken bearing I put in my other car was a timken/national part. Sounds like they might be branding the same hub.
  6. P

Does anyone know if the MOOG or TIMKEN hubs come with new bolts?
  7. P

5R55S harsh shifting; bump engaging reverse;

I changed my fluid this weekend and disconnected the bat cables. It's shifting better for now. This is what my fluid looked like: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348616 It only bumps when I go back and forth from drive to reverse. Let me know if you ever figure...
  8. P

Should this transmission fluid be changed?

Thanks for the input, I will do it tonight. I already have the pump and fitting to add the new trans fluid.
  9. P

Should this transmission fluid be changed?

2006 4.0L V6, 5R55S Trans, 63K miles Ford says 100K for Transmission fluid, I think this needs to be changed. I am no expert, but this looks pretty dark to me. It doesn't smell burnt. Any opinions? Obviously, the new Mercon V is in the container on the left. Also, it might be...
  10. P

Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback)

Has anyone installed the secondary trans filter on a 2006 4.0L with 5R55S transmission, or something similar? Looking for install options/locations/pics?
  11. P

I had the same question. I asked a guy at work he said: "Not easy - when I was racing I would us a dial indicator on the ring gear. To get proper mesh you ink the ring and pinion gears to view the contact area. To adjust we would add 1000th shim stock to the pinion." I agree with him...
  12. P

Check out RVJ's post, have you ever tried that? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164055&page=3
  13. P

V6...yes V6 transmission bump.

Eric, I know you posted some time ago, but I am just now having the issue. Is that TSB for the V8's only? If so, is there a similar one for the V6's? Thanks
  14. P

I have very similar symptoms. I just did a radiator replacement (leaking trans fluid from the cooling reservoir on the rad). I added trans fluid to correct level and have been road testing to and from work. The shifting has been a bit erratic, with noticeable issues from 2nd to 3rd. I just...
  15. P

did you ever diagnose your issue, or resolve it?
  16. P

Transmission Cooler Line Disconnect / Radiator Question

free transmission disconnect tool i had the cheap napa disconnect set and it was not working on the transmission cooling lines. i didn't want to buy the OTC 307-569 or the OTC 6593 to disconnect my trans cooling lines from the radiator so i made a plastic sleeve out of a washer fluid bottle...
Back