Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

pics of ignition lock cylinder pin

I ended up taking it to a mechanic and having it done. He didn't charge me anything though, I guess since I had the steering column cover off and put it back on myself when I got home! Thank you very much for trying, Awood, I really appreciate it.
  2. T

Awood, I checked the photos in the other thread, and it was exactly like mine down to the manual transmission. I tilted the steering wheel up as far as it would go, tried to insert a drill bit in the end of the access tube, and hit solid metal. I took my own photos to illustrate what I tried...
  3. T

1994 Ford Explorer. Ignition key cylinder replacement.

No Access Holes I'm trying to do this on my '94 Explorer Sport, 5-speed and tilt. I can go as far as #4 , but there is no hole on the underside of the casting. I have seen posts on other sites by people having the same problem. One solution was to use a coat hanger to access the release...
  4. T

I am trying to replace the ignition lock cylinder on my '94 Explorer. I have tilted the wheel all the way and all the way down, no access holes to release it. Mine is a manual transmission, and the cylinder is located in the top half of the steering column. The cylinder appears to be...
Back