Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Power steering hose bracket location

I usually put as many bolts as I can back to where they came out of, thats why I was lost, I only remembered taking the one out on the far passenger side where it turns and comes back to the drivers side. I know the PO has a lot of missing bolts, hoses that arent secured with the clips etc to so...
  2. L

Awesome, thank you! GIves me something to look for. Im thinking this was already disconnected because I dont remember one of those except the one thats mounted and goes up into the pump. I ziptied it today until I could figure it out, or decided to say eff it, which is really what I did lol
  3. L

I have an 05 EB 4.6. I replaced the steering rack and hoses, but cant find where the bracket gets connected to. Theres one thats bolted on the passenger side in the middle of the "U" shaped part, and there was another bracket closer to where it goes into the rack, which is the one Im referring...
  4. L

Leaking PS line at rack. Replacing Everything

Seems to say that everywhere, but theres no option for any other ones either
  5. L

2002 v8 XLT, help removing the power steering rack and pinion

This helped, thanks for updating when you were finished
  6. L

Leaking PS line at rack. Replacing Everything

So I put my battery in today after 4 or so months of the truck sitting while I replaced every suspension and brake part all the way around. I felt like I was almost to the finish line, battery was put in in preparation of bleeding the brakes. Got some fluid to all 4 corners, awesome. Didnt see...
  7. L

Priming and bleeding new brake system

THANKS!! I cant believe I never heard of this before
  8. L

I know how to flush the system and bleed brakes. Ive never filled an empty system though, as in, theres no old fluid to flush out. Hoping to gravity feed to everything
  9. L

Whats the proper procedure to priming and bleeding new lines and calipers? System was run dry except the residual fluid, and using the old MC and HCU/ABS module. I know Ill probably have to have that bled to, but Ill go have that done once its primed and at least has fluid in it, thanks
  10. L

HCU / ABS lines

I have an 05 Eddie Bauer. Replacing all brake lines from HCU back. I already threw out the lines from the hcu to the bracket like a dummy because I ordered a full set of preformed lines that I thought would include all 4 of those lines, not knowing that most explorers have 3. Well now I need the...
  11. L

Rear LCA rearward bolt part number

Anyone know the part number for this bolt in my 05 EB 4.6? Is it the same for the front bolt? Ive got the front bolt out, and the shock bolt, that rear one seems to be seized and Ill be cutting it out. The only part number I can find is W707363-S436 but I cant seem to find a way to verify that...
  12. L

ABS Module Lines

Hoping for some help here. I have a 2005 EB with the 4.6, I ordered a kit that is supposed to replace every brake line front and rear, an 11 piece kit from InlineTube.com. When it got here theres only 3 short lines, the ones that come out of the ABS module, I have 4 coming out. Am I missing...
  13. L

Bad Charcoal Canister or am I a dummy?

Welp, Im a dummy, forgot to tuck the hoses where theyre supposed to go so they got pinched. Lesson learned, and I wanted to replace the vent valve anyway
  14. L

Bad Charcoal Canister or am I a dummy?

05 Eddie Bauer 4.6. So I took my tank out to replace pump, cleaned the tank, then set it on it end to drain, fill hole side down with a screwdriver to hold it open. Put it all back together and go to get some gas in it and now it wont take gas. Pulled hose by filler and tried to blow, couldnt do...
  15. L

Help with starting problem

So Ill try to keep this as short as possible. My daughter has an 04 Explorer with the 4.0, she went and bought a new car so the truck was parked near the beginning of winter, ran fine with no issues at that point. Her younger sister is getting her license so she decided shed give her younger...
  16. L

Upper control arm shim broken

Oh yeah, I miss when I could walk in and just look around. Retards in the yards here are just "pull it off" jockeys. I had a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and there are lots of parts from other cars that are interchangeable but these guys didnt even have access to that. Having to know exactly what you...
  17. L

Umm, how about we dont have have junkyards here like that? How about you walk into the office like its a parts store with everything sitting on a shelf and youre not even allowed near the cars "due to insurance reasons"? Im sure I could walk into there and have them charge me an arm and a leg...
  18. L

Was moving around with my steering, one of the hooks broke off after I replaced the upper control arm, anyone know where I can get one? Thanks
  19. L

Cant get a break..

Well, stupid thermostat. That was the problem. Couldnt get a water pump after all the money weve been putting into this thing already. Thanks again guys
  20. L

Cant get a break..

Its weird that it just all of the sudden lets go at the first start after doing this other stuff. Would that cause the weird shifting to?
  21. L

Cant get a break..

Truck ran fine, then I changed the rear brakes, rear abs sensor, fuel filter, and new plugs and wires, first trip out and its overheating fast. WTF could have happened now. No leaks or anything I can see. Once its shut off of course I can hear all the gurgling... Any ideas? Forgot to mention...
  22. L

Help with muffler? Tried searching..

Thanks guys, Ill start with that stuff..
  23. L

Help with muffler? Tried searching..

but couldnt find a good answer, in fact, theres so many I may as well not even have searched, a little overwhelming lol. Heres my question.. 99 Mounty, all stock. Theres a hole in the muffler and where it meets the passenger side pipe weld. I wouldnt mind a little deeper tone, but Im mainly...
  24. L

Wanna burn this thing! VENT!

Are those bolts a dealer only item or something? They have a particular "name"?
Back