Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Explorer Front End Clicking

I have replaced front axles for that concern at my dealership. That sounds like your issue. The last vehicle took both front axles.
  2. K

2013 Ford Explorer Limited Fuel Leak

The part number depends on the engine and if it is CA emissions. And yes the recall covers all 13 explorers regardless of what engine it has. It also covers Taurus , Flex, and the Lincoln models built on this chassis. This is not the same concern as the fuel tank replacement recall, that is a...
  3. K

2013 Ford Explorer Limited Fuel Leak

On 5/31 a recall was released for fuel pump module replacement on all 2013 explorers due to possible fuel pump outlet breakage. That is your fuel smell. Make sure they use the updated part or they will have to replace it again.
  4. K

New mft update

Just tell them you are having problems pairing your phone. This new update supersedes all other updates. Even the 11a01,11a02,11a03 recalls supersede to the new version. Every new vehicle with mft is on a stop hold until the update is performed. Obviously every other vehicle needs it also.
  5. K

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Thx for the video. It works now, although no hands free control or sent texts, but its a start.
  6. K

No it doesn't. And my sync Bluetooth settings screen on my phone has no notifications tab. Weird
  7. K

Yes. I've deleted and paired acouple times and can't get it to work.
  8. K

I tryed that but all I saw on my phone was a tab for contacts, nothing about notifications. Any other ideas?
  9. K

I thought so also, but when you select messaging it just tells you the currently connected phone doesn't support Bluetooth text messaging. I just did the update and I really can't tell anything that's different.
  10. K

I have an iPhone 5 with ios 6.0.1 and I can not find any Bluetooth settings to enable notifications or texting for sync device. Where are they?
  11. K

Trouble downloading 3.5.1 update

So, if you perform a tsb that is intended for dealer to perform, and you lock up your apim, would you expect Ford to warranty your apim? Sometimes there are reasons for dealer to perform repairs. Just because there is a tsb for a given issue , it doesn't meen the given vehicle has that issue...
  12. K

That is not truly a recall. It is an extended warranty program for apim's if needed.
  13. K

MFT Update

What about the files downloaded at the dealer from the PTS website? Are those ok to use?
  14. K

Drive In movie

Actually a dealer can activate daytime running lights for you. I did it on my 13 limited,in the programmable parameters, I'm in California. You need the dealers computer though. All explorers should be able to. There my also be some programming for the interior lights, I will have to check.
  15. K

Got VIN today on Limited I ordered on 2/20

Seems like a fairly quick process. Order went in on 3/6. Got a vin# today 3/9. Maybe delays are due to the options ordered. Mine's a 4wd limited w/302 loaded minus sunroof.
  16. K

My Sync Upgrade yet?

I actually updated 3 vehicles today, at my shop, and can tell you that the system is substantially faster and flows much better. You will not be able to use you old sd card after update.
  17. K

2013 Explorer ...

Hi all. New to the forum, so I'm sorry if this is a rehash. Has there been any word about a v-6 Eco boost or hybrid version?
Back