Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Time for tires

I second that. I have had them on my 2012 Ex. Ltd for about 55,000 miles and they still show plenty of tread. Quiet tire on the road and far better traction in snow than the original Hankooks from the factory.
  2. M

Ford HID Kit worth getting from Ford parts?

The install is the same as replacing the oem bulb that came with your Ex. You do have the modify the tabs on the bulb slightly which is outlined in another discussion. This is a five minute job. Once the tab is modified, all you do is take the old bulb out and replace with the new modified bulb.
  3. M

Split Armrest Issue

I have the same issue with the drivers door on my Ex. and am out of warranty. I escalated this through Ford and the best they would do is split the cost with me. This translated into about $150 out of pocket for me. I went the super glue route about 6 months ago figuring that if it didn't...
  4. M

2013 Explorer Sport - Rust!

Pity the poor people that are running out to buy the new F150 aluminum body truck. Imagine the issues with this body if Ford doesn't get this under control. If its any consolation, I have the same issue with by 2012, and the dealer wouldn't do anything since I was over 36K. My thoughts are...
  5. M

Ford HID Kit worth getting from Ford parts?

I installed 9011's about six months ago. Probably the best money I have spent on my Ex. There is a big difference between these and the stock bulbs. Cleaner brighter light that projects much further down the road. Have to modify the tab slightly to make them fit, but easy 10 min install...
  6. M

Split Armrest Issue

I went through Ford customer service and we went back and forth before they agreed to pay half of the cost. This translates to approx. $150.00 out of pocket. As stated numerous times in this post, this is clearly a manufacturing defect that Ford is trying to bury as wear and tear. My vehicle...
  7. M

Are They Building Them Yet

Yes they are building and shipping I passed a transport on the highway today that had four 2016 Ex's on board. Looked like a mix of XLT's and Limited.
  8. M

Heavy Vibration from braking with 7 people in car

Brake job soon Where did you get the tool that rewinds the rear brakes. I have an Ex with 70K and warped rotors and will be looking to replace soon. Asked at local Pep Boys about the tool needed for the back brakes. They knew nothing about it.
  9. M

Split Armrest Issue

Drivers door armrest splitting Crystal: Thank you for your help. I did hear from the reg. cust. service mgr. The best he would do is help by paying for 1/2 of the replacement armrest. This translates to just over $150.00 my cost. While I appreciate the effort and understand that my Ex...
  10. M

Split Armrest Issue

Had my X in the shop the other day for some work and pointed out where my armrest is cracked in the same place as everyone else on this forum. Service writer said this is common, but Ford would not do anything about due my mileage almost 65,000 miles. Interior looks great except for this, and...
  11. M

Swap HID from 2015 Limited to 2015 Sport

I second the above post concerning swapping out the OEM 9005 headlight bulbs for the 9011 / HIR bulbs. I made the swap about 2 weeks ago and cannot believe the difference this has made in night time visibility. Hard time understanding why this wasn't Ford's bulb of choice for OEM, but they...
  12. M

Explorer Sports 2015 Headlight Upgrade

9011 / HIR1 bulbs I have had no issues at all with the 9011's, but have only been in use for a day. Simple modification on the tabs, and installed in less than 15mins. Will let you know if anything changes.
  13. M

Decent replacement headlight bulbs

9011/HIR bulb upgrade Installed a set of HIR/9011 bulbs today took the Ex out for a ride tonight. All I can say is WOW. There is a huge difference between the new 9011's and the 9005's they replaced. The old bulbs were not much brighter than a couple of D cell flashlights taped the the...
  14. M

Explorer Sports 2015 Headlight Upgrade

Installed a set of HIR/9011 bulbs today took the Ex out for a ride tonight. All I can say is WOW. There is a huge difference between the new 9011's and the 9005's they replaced. The old bulbs were not much brighter than a couple of D cell flashlights taped the the fenders. Drove down some of...
  15. M

Time for tires

Bridgestone Alanza Plus - so far so good Think you are going the like the Bridgestones. I replaced the Optimos about 2 months ago after about 52,000 miles. Have put about 5,000 miles on the Bridgestones since then and so far they are great. Bridgestones have far better wet traction, and...
  16. M

2015 Explorer Sport wearing Magnetic

Hey Adam500, quick question. Did you take the Explorer lettering off the hood, or did Ford delete this on the 15's? Thought I saw another 15 Sport in the forum with the lettering. I could be wrong. By the way, shes a beauty, either with or without the lettering.
  17. M

Time for tires

52,000 miles on the ex and time for tires. The original Hankooks have worn OK, but as everyone states the wet weather and snow traction was never good and gets much worse as they wear. Went back and forth between the Yokohamas Parada Spec X that appear to be a good tire and the new Bridgestone...
  18. M

high pitch sound after shut down

Not sure if we are talking about the same noise but I have a high pitched whistling noise from under the hood that I hear when I park in the garage after shutting off the ignition. I probably only hear it in the garage since it is insulated from most of the outside noises. I have noticed that...
  19. M

DDM Tuning HIDs! Amazing!

Diesel_S Thanks for all your help. Everyone has an opinion of which system works best for them and i am sure there are several good aftermarket systems being sold. I would like to be able to install the system once and for all and be confident it will work for many years. Good to hear from...
  20. M

DDM Tuning HIDs! Amazing!

Diesel: If you were going to install one of your kits in a 2011-2013 Ex, which kit would you recommend. Based on your earlier post, you don't recommend anything above a 6000k. Which of your kits would you recommend and why? Looking for a kit that is reliable and offers more light than the...
  21. M

Door trim misalignment with the dash

Forget the fact that this vehicle has been out for three years. How did this ever happen in the first place? This is reminiscent of the type of crap that Detroit put out in the 70's that almost put the American auto industry out of business. Ask yourself how Ford can expect the consumer to...
  22. M

New Navigation Card? (A4)

My apologies to all, in my excitement when I looked at my SMR page, I incorrectly wrote down the wrong update number. My update is 3.5.1 the same as everyone else's
  23. M

New Navigation Card? (A4)

3.5.2 update and the ability to order a new A4 nav card now on my SMR page. Ordered a card which they claim will be sent to my home within 2 -3 business days and will download the update at that time. Looking forward to some of the updates and hopefully less bugs.
  24. M

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with Shark Fin Antenna

Love the fin EKY looks like its time to make the switch. Yours looks like a Tuxedo Black EX in the pics. How close does the paint and metallic match? Mine is the same color
  25. M

New explorer mod questions

Yes you are right, $70 is a lot of money for a bumper protector if your is still in good shape. I originally had the Ford spec. protector and my kids beat up the edge of the bumper which is not protected by the Ford product. When I installed the new piece, it covered up the existing...
Back