Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

How Big Can I Go??

Yup this is my daily driver, and I don't think the ride is bad at all, I honestly think it rides smoother on the road than my parents stock 97 xlt, I think it may have a little to do with the bigger tires but yeah no kidney damage here as others might have you believe.
  2. E

How Big Can I Go??

Yup & I wheel the sh%t out of it, & it has around 200,000 miles on it, & one of the cv's is still stock, the other was replaced before the excessive tt :D I posted in another thread that I will post the exact mileage when one of the cv's goes just as a little test to see how far I can go...
  3. E

How Big Can I Go??

4wd with 5 - 6 " of tt and no problems with binding of the cv's or noticeable excessive wear on any of the components. Running 35's for 15,000 + miles. Ideal, not quite, but still feasible if you want to save the money on an axel swap.
  4. E

Superlift Leaf Springs too Big for 2-door?

The sway bar shouldn't really effect the spring installation, it didn't on mine.
  5. E

With the leaf springs & shackles I got around 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 " of total lift, it was a Pain In The A$$ to get eveything to line up correctly and took quite some time. I ended up using around 2 to 3 different jacks at different points to get everything to line up along with a sh^t-load of...
  6. E

I did the same thing you did, I have the 2nd generation sport and put the superlift 4" springs along with warrior shackles and had no problem, I didn't have to place any blocks under the u-bolts for this to work, I'm thinking yours may be different due to the factory shackles, do you have the...
  7. E

'02 BlackTrac on 35s

Still in St. Louis ?
  8. E

Do subs rattle our cabs? 96 specifically

My back hatch rattles pretty bad - 95 with 3 10's, so me personally would consider your friend lucky ...
  9. E

Replacing Factoring leaf spring w/aal + war153

YOU CAN GO MORE THAN 2" TT without having to worry about excessive cv joint wear, I have 4-5" of TT with 10,000 miles and counting and not a single problem, is it for everyone no, if you want to fit bigger tires such as 35's, it is an option, if your wanting 33's and lower you obviously don't...
  10. E

MoROC presenting a Club Challenge

Yeah, what the hell is wood's race ?
  11. E

why don't you see many explorers in magazines?

St. Louis - 95X on 35's, you ever want to play in the mud let me know :D
  12. E

Tell Me The Truth Is A 3" Body Lift As Bad As They Say?

Just go with the 3" like everyone is saying, I modded the steering extension that came with the kit and it worked like a charm and a little work with the bumpers and they were fine, no gaps.
  13. E

CV joint angle ajustments after a TT?

... I believe that I answered your camber adjustment question very early on pal ...
  14. E

Mine is my daily driver and I would hardly describe the potholes and such I hit as teeth chattering, if you don't have this much tt and haven't experienced the ride personally please don't try to comment on it, if you don't know then your just mis-informing, obviously different people are going...
  15. E

Yes it is, so now your in the know (informed) ;)
  16. E

This is exaclty what I was talking about, don't get your panties in a bundle IZwack :rolleyes: and as to the girls part I was reffering to maxing out the tt lift if you would have read a little more carefully ... better now ?
  17. E

I just mabey use to it but I don't think the ride is that bad in mine, no pillow underneath my seat either, quit being a bunch of girls and just max out your tt's :D That was just a j/k don't go getting your panties in a...
  18. E

SPEEDING TICKET IN A 93 limited...eddie B

You'll be grabbing your butt cheeks on that one
  19. E

I have superlift 4" leaf springs with warrior shackles in the rear of mine and nothing but tt up front Oh Yeah Baby :D
  20. E

I agree here a 100%, this 2" number and the theory that some hold that your cv's will spontaneously combust if you go much higher is a bunch of crap, now that does not mean that I don't think my cv's are going to wear faster due to the new angle, I do. Now the question should be how much faster...
  21. E

Warranty void with Larger tires?

I agree a 100% on this point, they will tell you to stick it just to get out of warranty work IMO, I just don't think you will expierence many if any problems on the dreivetrain with a tire change like this.
  22. E

Warranty void with Larger tires?

It's not like your going to be running 35's on there ...
  23. E

I have 4-5" of tt, the camber CAN be adjusted, I have had this much tt for at least 10,000 miles and counting without a problem.
  24. E

Come Ride and Camp Here Anytime in VA

Any pictures of description of the land ?
Back