Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Rough Idle at Warm Startup

Thanks! I'll give the MAF cleaner a try. This is just a recent development and I don't drive my truck that often.
  2. B

Future Projects?

@ GSU what motor do you have? I've been looking for cold air for the 4.0. I'm also thinking of getting my factory step bars sprayed with line-x. -One More Time! One More Time! One More Time!
  3. B

Rough Idle at Warm Startup

Has anyone else had this experience? After driving to a location I turn off my truck and return a few minutes later. When I start the truck it begins to idle rough between 500 and 1000rpms. If this has happened to anyone else how did you fix it? Or what could it be? Thanks in advance.
  4. B

Grille guard installation

I got the Aries Bullbar on mine and there's a pretty good video on youtube.com that goes over the installation. If they're similar mounts it should work. Just search Sport Trac Bullbar installation on youtube.
  5. B

Seat Covers Suggestions

Try Katzkin Auto Upholstery. They're the covers that I have been coviting for a while.
  6. B

Coolant Leak

After looking at some of the OEM replacement radiators, does anyone know if there are any aluminum aftermarket radiators to fit the 4.0L?
  7. B

Coolant Leak

Thanks. I'm going to try and borrow a test kit from a buddy of mine. I went to the dealership today to see if it was covered under their "extended service contract" and surprise surprise it's not. I was quoted that it would cost anywhere between $600 to $1000, that includes labor, to...
  8. B

Coolant Leak

I checked out the tranny lines at the bottom of the radiator and they're dry. The leak smells like coolant and actually has an orange tint to it. It also looks like it's at the bottom of the radiator support on the passenger side of the vehicle.
  9. B

Coolant Leak

I was installing a bull bar on my ST tonight and noticed a minor seepage leak on the bottom passenger side of the radiator. The liquid is red in color and there isn't any coolant in the reservoir. I'm not expecting the reservoir to be up to the full line since I haven't driven the truck in a...
  10. B

Has anyone Line-X'd, Herculinered or applied Dupont Bedliner to their running boards?

I'll check out some of the threads. I was hoping for some pics posted here, but I have to admit that is a bit lazy of me.
  11. B

Has anyone Line-X'd, Herculinered or applied Dupont Bedliner to their running boards?

I'm wondering if anyone has done this. I'm thinking of doing it to mine since I'm sick of them fading. If anyone has done this is it worth it, and does it hold up well? Looking forward to some pics also if anyone has any.
  12. B

Hard shift into reverse.

I clicked on the link and it appears that it's possibly for the 4.6L and not the 4.0L. Do they utilize the same tranny?
  13. B

Hard shift into reverse.

It usually happens after I've been driving a while. And no there hasn't been a tranny fluid dump either. I'm just stumped at this point.
  14. B

Hard shift into reverse.

I currently have a 2007 ST with a 4.0L V6. Recently I have noticed that when I place the vehicle in reverse there is a huge jolt throughout the entire truck. It's only done it a few times, and there are no problems during regular forward driving either upshifting or downshifting. Has anyone...
  15. B

60,000 Mile Service?

Thanks! That helps a bunch.
  16. B

60,000 Mile Service?

I am rapidly approaching 60k in my '07 ST. It has the 4.0L V-6. My question is if anyone knows what needs to occurr at 60k, PCV valve, timing belt (if there is one and not a chain), etc? Thanks
  17. B

Want to buy 20" adrenaline wheels

Ever thought about the Mercury Mountaineer rims? I would think they'd be a direct fit and all you'd have to do is switch out the center caps.
  18. B

Question about console vault

I've seen some of these in vehicles in my career field. Bottom line is if a thief wants what's in it, then they're going to take it. I just don't keep valuables in my ST and certainly don't keep items in plain view. Hope this helps, I hate to see anyones vehicle damaged by people who want...
  19. B

Blacking out my grill with Plasti Dip.

Is there any way you could post some pics of the texturing? Thanks.
  20. B

Replacement seats

I've got cloth and just thinking about using leather seat covers from autoseatskins.com. They're the katskinz seat sovers. It looks like they've got both leather and cloth, and appear to fit well. Has anyone else tried these seats?
  21. B

Bad Squeak

Pull off the belt and turn every pully you can. Replace the squeaker.
  22. B

Hissing sound??

Mine does it too. Sometimes it's louder at idle when I first start it. I don't drive it that often so I'm not too worried about it. I just tell the wife it's secret boost under the hood.
  23. B

Possible Air Leak on Passenger Front Window

sjones that did the trick for me. Thanks again!
  24. B

Ahhh I see what you're talking about. I do have a slight gap between the seal and the door where your arrows are pointed. I'll have to have someone ride with me to see if that's where it's coming from. I'll keep you posted if that's where it's coming from. Thanks.
  25. B

sjones, could you post a pic so I know what I'm looking for? I don't drive the truck everyday so it's not often I go over it. Thanks.
Back