Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

X-Terrians

Yeah, there is quite a bit of private properties around Jacksonville. I used to go to collins and the beaches quite a bit awhile back. My friend of mine went to Hugenot a few times and the cops will pull u over if you "wheel" there on purpose. Collins is pretty fun back then, a couple of lakes...
  2. X

20 inch wheels suggestions

or these, hope that helps :D http://www.superbuytires.com/wheel/model/V.I.P/FatBoy+B/?v=184&diameter=20&w=19970&p=1&s=20&suggested=295/40x20&p1=&p2=&finish=...
  3. X

20 inch wheels suggestions

Hmmm...how about this??? http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels/model/Antera/Type+341B/
  4. X

X-Terrians

Hey, well my Ex is not really set up for offroading, but I know a few places. Have you been around Maxville area? It's by HWY 301. Also middleburg, esp. jennings state forrest is decent place. I don't know what side of Jax you live at, but am over on the westside near orange park. There used to...
  5. X

X-Terrians

Hey, i am in Jax also. What shop is it?
  6. X

Bling, Blings. (quick question)

P.S. There is a person that is selling some BOSS wheels in the For Sale section. He also has a 96 EB that he sold. You might want to contact him if he had any issues with the fender flares rubbing. Hope that helps.
  7. X

Bling, Blings. (quick question)

96...It really depends how you set your ride up. The wheel offset, width of the rim and tires. I have 20x8.5 wheels on 265/50R20 rubbers. In addition I took out the torsion bolts out. My fender flares do get rubbed when I hit a big bumps and large dips. It hits the very inner edge of it...
  8. X

EE Slotted Rotor's Installed, pics & info...

thanks BM, This will be my next thing to do.
  9. X

EE Slotted Rotor's Installed, pics & info...

Looks great! What brake pads are you using? Also, did you bleed your master cylinder?
  10. X

Brake Rotor Specials From Explorer Express!

what should be done 1st? John or any other brake experts. I know the front brakes usually wear a lot more than the rear. I want to get a least a pair done and the other pair later down the road. So would should I go ahead and order the fronts? And for having one done, I should not have any...
  11. X

Brake Rotor Specials From Explorer Express!

what should be done 1st? John or any other brake experts. I know the front brakes usually wear a lot more than the rear. I want to get a least a pair done and the other pair later down the road. So would should I go ahead and order the fronts? And for having one done, I should not have any...
  12. X

Billet grill now installed

looks great! is that brushed or polished finish like mine?
  13. X

No Start

Jennifer, you may want to go to AutoZone and get those sensors you mention tested. I am in Jax also. It's sorta hard to pinpoint the issue.
  14. X

the center console thing from express?

snair2, I don't know if you are interested, but I have a small console that will fill that empty hump. The console I have is tan with a rosewood lid. You can put a few small items in there. I brought it from EE a while back for my '92, but now I have a '00 with the factory computer console. If...
  15. X

Battery Terminal

Thanks for the info expo, however what did u mean hammering the inside of your hood? Does the termnial touch the hood? I see that you have the Optima battery, it does look taller then a regular battery. I am planning on keeping the regular battery.
  16. X

Battery Terminal

I thinking to change my factory terminals to some aftermarket ones. I am running 2- 8 ga amp wires to my battery, however I am confused with figuring out what are the factory power wires are. I think the smaller wire looks like a 8 gauge and the big wire is a 4 gauge. Can someone help me out...
  17. X

Anyone in central FL with a lowered X?

Magic, I am in Jax. I had some friends help me put blocks on mine. It's really not hard to do, if you know the basic mechanics. Get a jack, ease it up on the axle and raise it slightly, then loosen the bolts on the bottom U hooks. Then raise it the axle some till you get enough room for the...
  18. X

anyone have a Yamaha Waverunner?

Tarheel, I love jetskis. I own a '98 Seadoo. I would you into www.rivayamaha.com for some ideas. Hope that helps.
  19. X

Eddie Bauer trim color code

I had the same problem looking for that color code. I know its harvest gold, however, I cannot find the bottle, once I find the it, then I will give u the code. Gerald I think help me out on that before.
  20. X

is fire extinguisher bad for seats/paint

Question for the Fire Ex professionals I live in FL and I was wondering it is safe for leaving a fire ex in a vehicle?? I am thinking if they are under pressure, can they effect the performance, explode, etc in my hot truck all summer long?
  21. X

Anyone have a custom steering wheel?

Well, I ordered a late model lincoln town car steering wheel for my '00. The wheel is the same size and the air is also the same size. However the hub assembly is different (the rod is different shape), therefore, it did not work. I had to return it. It was the leather/wood trim. I wish it would...
  22. X

Pirelli Scorpion Zero's or Yokohama AVS S/t

I would go with the Pirellis over the Yokohama's. I just heard that Yokohamas are somewhat a noisy for a street tire. I have Toyo Proxies and love them I am running the 265/50R20 with slight rubbing on full steering lock mounted on 8.5 wide rim. If price is a factor then go with the Goodyears...
  23. X

Dealer Replacing V8 motor @ 20k - some Q's

2k1, hey there, I love my '00 V8, except for the occasional pinging(spark knock) at highway speeds. This problem only occurs usually going over overpasses, hills, etc. I had the computer reflashed(tuned-down) and decarbon, However, I still have the pinging. Even with 93 octane it does help, but...
  24. X

Big Leak!!!!????

My '00 V8 started leaking when it had less then 10,000 on it. I found out it had a defective lower hose clamp on the radiator. So you probably check the hose and clamps to be sure there tight. Hope this helps. P.S. - what is this fantasy fest in the Keys? I know I heard something about stuff...
  25. X

Got Mondera 20's Installed w/ PICS

Anabolic, great choice on wheels!:) That looks sharp. You can lower it and put the stock 16s with no problem. I've done it before with the Ex lowered at 2 inches. You might get little rubbiing at full lock when lowered with 20s, however I never had no problems with the stock 16's lowered...
Back