Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2013 explorer sony mft add

Hi, Just wondering if you could make that Sony FCIM to work? FCIM in my 2012 Exp doesn't work properly anymore and those a really expensive on ebay, these 2016 FCIM so much cheaper. Interested, if it possible to make it work in mine assuming changing that pigtail connector. Moreover, prefer...
  2. R

2025 Explorer Review by Blwnsmoke

Thanks Blwnsmoke, Checked all the photos, rear looks better but prefer the front look of the current model. Noticed no more hard buttons for climate? No more built-in navigation? Solely rely on Google maps? Are offline maps available as an option or it works over the phone?
  3. R

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Hello guys, Could anybody knowledgeable chime in and shed more light on modules firmware update via Forscan. I had to replace FCIM on my 2012 Explorer and that one happened to be one version ahead of my original. Original one was CM and the FCIM I got had CN version. Apparently it is causing...
  4. R

Recent FORScan database

Disables Door Ajar warning chime IPC 720-01-02 xx0x xxxx 1 - Enabled, 0 - Disabled
  5. R

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

It may be possible (if at all) by firmware update by the dealer. Not possible with Forscan
  6. R

Question regarding Daytime Running LED's on 5th Gen Explorer (Picture)

I have those but, as well, haven't seen any other Explorer with such a lights in Calgary, AB or area yet. I like them, they are bright but unfortunately faulty. Yet, have to admit, Dan was fast on sending me replacements for free. I am currently on my second controller and have three pairs of...
  7. R

2016 Ford Explorer Limited map update A13 SD card issue

It has nothing to do with Ford. Ford only provides software to read the map data from Navitel as well as provides key encryption. Every SD card has a unique key tied to its serial number and SYNC makes sure that encryption key is correct using special algorithm. That algorithm was cracked almost...
  8. R

2016 Ford Explorer Limited map update A13 SD card issue

Buy original from Ford, 149 plus 30 delivery, should work though I was buying clones from E-Bay and Amazon since A8 version and all of them were working. Two years ago upgraded to SYNC 3 and now updating maps for free
  9. R

2012 Explorer Cranks but hesitates Starting

check purge valve, take it off from truck, valve is normally closed, so you should NOT be able to do a mouth-blow
  10. R

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

I wouldn't say so
  11. R

Installed SYNC v3.4 build 22020, no visual changes. Took about 8 mins as usual. New Sync 3 OS Released last night! Package Name: 5U5T-14G381-EV Epoch: 1644243443000 Major Version: 3.4 Build: 22020 Package Date: 2022-02-07 Release Date: 2022-03-15 Build Date: 2022-01-20 List of Changed files...
  12. R

MFT(Sync2) to Sync3 V3.4 Upgrade Minor Issue

What is the trim level of that 2013 Explorer this APIM config for? Mine APIM config looks similar, especially starting block 5, mostly because mine 2012 Explorer originally had only four blocks with SYNC 2. The difference is that I dont have block 8 at all. 7D0 01 01 A221 0503 0AAE 7D0 01...
  13. R

MFT(Sync2) to Sync3 V3.4 Upgrade Minor Issue

Mine does the same, on touch screen it shows exactly the opposite to the climat controls buttons on dash. Most is working fine, but some, once activated on touch screen impossible to turn off except by using buttons on front dash.
  14. R

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

its on the main page in the very bottom
  15. R

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

Just wait for little bit longer or upgrade to 3.4 and get maps for free, cyanlabs way is pretty simple.
  16. R

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

It is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that there are two ways to get new maps for SYNC 3: one is free of charge and the other is not. First way. If you have official system from Ford (no matter v3.0, 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4) then you have to go to Navitel website and order a maps for some money...
  17. R

Sync 3, v3.0, 20204

If you have v3.0 then new maps 2.20 for free are only available through reformat/upgrade to 3.4. If SYNC is 3.2 and higher then it is possible to update maps only, but it takes about 3 times longer than using reformat (like 90mins vs 30mins). Otherwise, you can buy them from Ford little bit...
  18. R

More Tech On The Way

I noticed that Explorer has been overlooked as usual. Ford Edge 2021 got no restyle, nothing, just minor interior improvements but it got SYNC 4. Explorer 2021 - still SYNC 3
  19. R

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

I guess you have some v3.0 build since maps are 1.15, so not possible for you, at least for free. Possible only if you on any build of v3.4 (maybe v3.2 and 3.3 as well, but I'm not sure), but still takes too long to update just maps, at least two times longer than using reformat.
  20. R

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

I just checked Ford website. My 2018 Edge is now offered with USB maps update for $40 plus shipping for 19 maps, but I previously downloaded 19 maps for free. If anyone interested to check, go to Ford - Sync3 Map Update
  21. R

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

My 2018 Edge was on 16 maps originally and I was offered 18 maps for free. I went v3.4 upgrade route with 19 maps after that.
  22. R

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

I think only 2018 and up where offered free update to 18 and 19 maps. New maps 2.20 might be free only for 2019 and up if at all.
  23. R

If I were you I wouldn't experiment as of now. Possibly, you could get free maps from Ford officially if you wait a little longer. Moreover, some guys on F150 forum discovered that there is no need to do reformat to install new maps. New maps can be installed separately, it just takes a while...
  24. R

Yes I did. In order to install new 2.20 maps you have to downgrade to 19200 or earlier version and then follow reformat procedure
  25. R

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3 are out. All the instructions on this thread, post #3798 https://www.f150forum.com/f118/upgrade-sync-3-v3-0-v3-4-instructions-458828/index380/#post6895701
Back