Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

98 m'neer driveshaft part no ?

Anybody know the correct Cardone part no for the front driveshaft replacement for a 98 mounty 5.0 AWD - this is the one with the CV joint. I searched this forum but did not see any reference to Cardone part no. Any tricks to removing/ replacing this shaft ? thanks mike
  2. M

CV Joint - How do they fail ?

I have a 98 Mounty V8 AWD with 128 K - I notice some creaking noise in the front end at low rolling speed but the vehicle drives fine otherwise. The boots are all intact with no leaks. 1. is it just time for CV replacement at this mileage 2. will they fail slowly or catastophically 3...
  3. M

Front end noise diagnosis

check brg by turning the steering wheel hard right and listen for the noise - did it go away momentarily while in the turn ? then hard left and listen again. If the noise is going away in one of those turns - it is most likely the bearing. If it goes away during the hard right turn i.e...
  4. M

Thanks to the experts

Thank you to all the Hub / bearing experts on this forum. My search to resolve a bad hub/bearing on my 98 Mounty ( 122 k) was very informative. Even down to diagnosing correctly which wheel bearing is bad. I found an excellent ( with pictures) review of the "how to" remove / replace the sealed...
  5. M

Front Hubs 98 M'neer V8 AWD

Search is down - can anyone advise best supplier of front hub assemblies - I assume these are sealed units including the bearings ? I am chasing a front end noise that could be in the bearings - 105 k miles on the m'neer What is a good price per hub ? Should ball joints be replaced if...
  6. M

Hub Assmeblies 98 m'neer awd

While the search function is down, can anyone advise on best supplier for front hub assemblies - I assume they are sealed units and the bearings are non-replaceable ? Also what is a good price for the hub units ? I suppose new ball joints are recommended if the hubs aneed replacement...
  7. M

creaking front end noise

What is this noise ? 98 M'neer with 105k miles has a creaking ( like a loose floor board under foot) noise at the front end. I can hear it as the car comes to a stop. It is definitely a rotating related noise almost like a high spot as the wheel rotates. As you pick up speed it changes to a...
Back