Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

pull oil pan from bottom, 1996 Explorer 5.0L

Can you say in more detail just what he did? He pulled the CV's...drive shaft...third member...motor mount screws...dropped the exhaust... He raised the engine only a couple of inches but did he have to remove anything more to do that? Did he have to remove the oil pickup before the pan...
  2. T

pull oil pan from bottom, 1996 Explorer 5.0L

Has anyone ever tried pulling the oil pan from the underside? It looks like with the suspension and the rack removed it would drop out if it didn't get hung on the pickup.
  3. T

1996 5.0L mods

OK. Here we go. Will the stock quasi GT40 heads do? What about the "Tweecer"? Know anything about it?
  4. T

1996 5.0L mods

For those who offered answers, thanks.
  5. T

1996 5.0L mods

If headers are the deal-breaker in the project then that's good to know. I have a brother-in-law who, when the time actually comes, has everything needed including a machine shop, pipe bender, and a TIG welder. He's a welder by trade and makes a part-time living fixing super-modified chassis...
  6. T

1996 5.0L mods

Oops. Please excuse my DA. I meant 90mm "MAF" not "TB". I'm OK with welding and fabrication. If I have to I'll make my own headers. What do you know about "Tweecer" tuners?
  7. T

1996 5.0L mods

My skills and tools are appropriate for carburated engines but the electronics don't scare me. The '96 has the GT40 heads and the tall intake, both of which I think I'll use to keep the cost down. I suppose the cam will change and I'll add headers and a programmer and a 90mm 19lb/hr TB. I was...
  8. T

1996 5.0L mods

I'm interested in getting 300 HP at the crankshaft at about 5500 RPM in a normally aspirated set-up with no NO2. Has anyone had any dyno experience doing something like this to say what kind of parts it takes?
  9. T

Useful Wiring Diagrams for 96 Explorer

The link to the wiring diagram is broken. Anybody know where it went?
  10. T

Camshaft Synchronizer tool 84-8400T

I'm about to purchase an A-1 CARDONE Part # 30S2801 Remanufactured Camshaft Synchronizer from Rock Auto and it occurs to me that there are a bunch of Camshaft Synchronizer tools 84-8400T just laying around on work benches. If one of you guys would be willing to mail me your tool I'd promise...
  11. T

Remove stock 6 disc changer from 98 XLT

Ah! It tilts from the back. I got it.
  12. T

Remove stock 6 disc changer from 98 XLT

Scucci, You'd be doing me huge favor if you'd embellish the removal process. I'm missing something.
Back