Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How do I mount spare tire on the rear

I don t know how to pick up photos or links here.... :( but you can do a search for "Millitarized Explorer", and u can see my solution!!! I have had it for years. Regards.
  2. A

OX U Joints and shafts

Thanks!!! I mean TTB not IFS... excuse for my English
  3. A

OX U Joints and shafts

Anybody try OX u joints on Dana 35 IFS? where can i buy the joints near FL? I m already looking for aftermarket shafts stronger than OEM, do u know if any company builds them? Thanks in advance!!!
  4. A

CV joints on TTB??

Here is a good option for my problem: http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/May06/dana35_ujoint_snapring.htm Regards
  5. A

CV joints on TTB??

Well, I will go with the reparation... I thougth that if I need to bring the axle shaft to a machinist for repairing, he can made custom axle shafts with cv joints and solve my problem definitively. But you're right, cv joints diameter are larger than u joints. Thanks!!!
  6. A

CV joints on TTB??

Thanks for your answers!!! You are rigth, U joints are cheaper, and depending on the cv joint, may be stronger. But i need to replace the axle shafts, because the 4 holes to install each U joint are too big... here in Argentina I can't get new axle shafts, and repairing old ones aren't an...
  7. A

CV joints on TTB??

I broke a U joint of may TTB... Anybody try to install front axle shafts with CV joints?? Can it be possible? Thanks in advance!!!!
  8. A

NO dash lights, NO tail lights...

I m having the same problem that YourNameHere said... i changed the ligth switch for a new one and no fix, it remains the same... I made a search in this forum and i read that other guys have same problem, but i didn't find a solution... any ideas? PD: hope you can understand me...
  9. A

Disconecting charcoal canister...

Anybody have an opinion please? I need to remove my charcoal canister... Thanks!!!
  10. A

Disconecting charcoal canister...

Hi guys, I have some questions related to charcoal canister: 1. Can dust o water get into the gas tank through the tube if it isn`t plugged to the canister? 2. If I unplug the tube from the canister to the TB, can I simply close the TB conection? 3. How much this things affect gas...
  11. A

Como desarmar y limpiar el tablero.

My english is poor, but i am an "old" member here... i have my truck since 1994... and love the forum!!! I have a pretty rare "millitarized Explorer" here in Argentina. I will try to explain him in spanish: El tablero es relativamente facil de desarmar en alguna de sus partes...
  12. A

Coolant sensor part number

Great!!! this is what i need!!! Thanks
  13. A

Thanks Shamaal. You're ok, i don't tell you what sensor... I'm talking about engine coolant temp sensor. Could be nbr F5AF 12A648 AA? thanks again for your information!!!
  14. A

Hi, anybody knows coolant sensor part number? I live in Argentina and i need the Ford number to buy it... thanks in advance!!! My truck is a '94 XLT manual trans.
  15. A

Hi, anybody knows coolant sensor part number? I live in Argentina and i need the Ford number to buy it... thanks in advance!!! My truck is a '94 XLT manual trans.
  16. A

Reseting the ECU

Hi, thanks for your answers!!! Excuse me for my English, it's poor.. new info: I have a 2001 Mustang, and the owner book says that when you replace the battery, you must turn on engine, idle until normal temperature, turn on A/C for a while, and drive the car normaly for 10 miles to have the...
  17. A

Reseting the ECU

Hi guys, here are my questions: 1. How long do I need to disconect the battery, to reset the ECU? 2. Wich is the best way to store the new information? Thanks in advance...!!!!
  18. A

Starting problems

Thanks!!! yes, i am talking about "starting solenoid"... i was reading your answers and i am thinking that my problem can be low voltage... i will try it too. Thanks again friends!!!
  19. A

Starting problems

Hi guys, i need your help or opinion... When i turn on key to start engine, i hear only a "click", coming from the engine room. I must turn the key 5 or 6 times, until the engine starts. The "click" comes from a litle brown piece near the battery (we call it "automatico de arranque", in...
  20. A

Wire harnesses life

Hi guys, i have a question: What's the electronic injection wire harnesses util life? Specialy near the engine or under the body, the wires are exposed to extreme hot, water, etc. I read that some companies built aftermarket harnesses to replace originals, what's the best? Thanks in advance
  21. A

To burp cooling system

No, the system is ok. But i'm going to south Patagonia (0º F or less) in a few days, and i need to be sure that mixture water / antifreeze is ok for that temp. I read about the T on heater hoses, but i don't know what is it. i'm affraid that we don't have it here...
  22. A

To burp cooling system

Thanks OldMech, but i drained all the system. I will try the funnel way...!!!
  23. A

To burp cooling system

Hi guys, I need your help!!! I drained my cooling system to change water and antifreeze. Now, when I try to refill the system, I add half the total capacity (1 gallon, aprox) and I can't add anymore, because the system seems to be full. I supouse that i need to burp the system, but I...
  24. A

Snow or low temp maintenance

Thanks for your answer!!! I m using an Optima battery (red top), I suppose that it would be ok at low temp... accel wires and Motorcraft sparks. Shell sinthetic oil 10W50. I will change water and antifreeze and check other things you recomended. Thanks again!!!
  25. A

Snow or low temp maintenance

I live in Buenos Aires, (average temperature is 20ºC, sorry but I don't know how many are they in Fº) but I'm planing to go to an off road run at Patagonia with some friends. At places where I will go, the lowest temperatures are near -20º C . I need your help to tell me what kind of...
Back