Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

4x4 tow kit

When you say "Already Installed", do you mean the LED light indicator AND the ECM Re-programming? If both then: To shift the transfer case into neutral for towing: 1. Securely attach vehicle to towing vehicle. 2. Start the engine to make sure that the battery is sufficiently charged. 3...
  2. J

In The Market

Picked up a 2007 with 70K on the clock last Sunday in Sumner, WA. Dark Blue (color matches motorhome), V8, Nav, leather,etc. Just what we wanted & proably paid too much.
  3. J

In The Market

I already have a 2004 Ford Explorer Limited V8 & really love it. We also "TOAD" it behind our motorhome. Due to medical/mobility problems, we will be selling our 2002 VW Jetta TDI which we also TOAD behind the motorhome and want to replace the Jetta with a Sports Trac. So I am in the market...
  4. J

In The Market

I already have a 2004 Ford Explorer Limited V8 & really love it. We also "TOAD" it behind our motorhome. Due to medical/mobility problems, we will be selling our 2002 VW Jetta TDI which we also TOAD behind the motorhome and want to replace the Jetta with a Sports Trac. So I am in the market...
  5. J

AudioPhillo SAT Radio Confusion

THX for that Terk info, that's the "Second Set of Parts" that I got off of Fleabay. Now I just need to remember where I "Stored" it.:D
  6. J

AudioPhillo SAT Radio Confusion

I have a 2004 Limited with an Audiophilo Radio & has a SAT Button. I would like to add Sirius/XM. I got the necessary accessories to do that or thought that I had. When the Tech pulled the radio out to hook it up, he said it was the "wrong parts." That leads me to believe Ford used two...
  7. J

For the love of GOD, how do you disable the seat belt chime?

It's real simple to shut that aggrevating chime to the off position, and it's free from a Ford Stealership. Yep, FREE!!!! Just go to your local yokel Ford stealership and ask for the FREE Seatbelt extenders. Clip it into the "Receiver side of the original belt and Do Not Clip the original...
  8. J

Fixed my reverse parking sensor system

Thanks all for the Fleabay source & excellent write up. Had one bad sensor, bought a replacement from Fleabay ($36 + Shipping), had my local wrench turner follow the R&R write up, and he had it all done after 20 minutes. Now I happily motor on pass the local Ford Stealship making funny noises...
  9. J

Explorer Neutral Tow Kit

My story of the Stealership and the neutral tow kit ($1.95 LED light and a set of programming instructions). Yes, the kits are available for $249 & $299 at Ford Accessories website. The spendier one is for Floor shifter models (a microswitch). Well I ordered it and had to wait two weeks for...
  10. J

Seat heater

First off, thanks to the poster in this thread for the eBay switch source! The shop where I get my vehicles worked on found a neat and easy method to get the switch out, took all of about 2 -3 seconds, no damage. The switch is held in place via two clips, so Mike the Mechanic gets two fairly...
  11. J

Seat heater

1st of all there is an excellent utube vid on the internet that shows how to recover an Explorer seat. The seat is already out of the vehicle on a bench (4 bolts and disconnect the electrical). It shows very well how to take off the lumbar and tilt handles, the screw positions for the side...
  12. J

Sat Radio 2004 Explorer

OK, I've searched the entire radio sub forum for the appropriate Ford Part Numbers and no luck. I have a 2004 Explorer Limited with the CD-6 radio (has Sat Button) and no rear entertainment system. So that means I'll need the seperate Sat Tuner (Visteon - Ford xxxx-18C963-xx), the connection...
  13. J

Frame Mounted Trailer Hitches

:D hapy as a clam as they say, scored a Ford Factory 2" Receiver Hitch outta a 2002 Eddie Bauer, $71 with all fasteners. Going to drive about 65 miles and pick it up tomorrow morning.
  14. J

Did a little more Internet digging hoping to find a more "Reasonably Priced Source" with no luck. However, on Fleabay I did notice something when I did a General Ford Receiver Hitch Search. Quite a few of the other model factory ford hitches of the same vintage (2002 - 2005) as my 2004...
  15. J

Just bought a 2004 Explorer Limited V8 and it came with that small factory receiver hitch. I need to replace it with a 2 inch receiver. I checked with the local Ford Stealership and they quoted me $768 for the Factory 2" receiver. Must be made out of gold or platinum so that option is out. I...
  16. J

2002 Sport As A "TOAD"

Well that one got away. I am trying to locate the EPROM Reflash programming instructions (in the form of a PDF File) for the 1996 - 2000/2001 Explorers that enable the Neutral Tow capability. I think a member here Loren R (who also visits a couple of other RV sites) has them. So if anybody...
  17. J

2002 Sport As A "TOAD"

As in towing behind a Motorhome four wheels down. The Tow guides on RV sites say a 4 door Explorer (V6 or V8) are TOADable with Ford's Neutral Tow Switchs but the Explorer SPORT is not. Thought I would come here to the Experts to find out why the two different "Models" are different, and most...
Back