Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

95 explorer keeps blowing fuse 19

May I ask why disconnect the RNC?
  2. J

96 w/4.0 Crank-NO START

Have you had problems with the fuse blowing out again since you posted last?
  3. J

Mystery vibration

I think I might have found the problem. I heard a "click" as I was leaving my driveway and I have a feeling that my upper a-arm bushings might be bad on the drivers side and it is causing my alignment to change. The rack has devloped some play in it as well which is totally unacceptable to me...
  4. J

Mystery vibration

Ride height has not changed, rotors are new and CV joints are tight. I have been messing around and when I coast it seems fine. I am more comviced it is the transmission or transfer case. Insert unhappy face here
  5. J

Mystery vibration

Accelerating, I adjusted my torsion bars which suprisingly helped but I fear it is either the transmission or transfer case again.
  6. J

wtf j have no idea

The pump could still be bad. Check to see if you have fuel pressure. It could be a severely clogged filter too.
  7. J

Mystery vibration

I feel it mainly through the steering wheel. I just balanced the tires, I replaced the hubs last month. The CV shafts seem ok but I haven't pulled them yet. Could it be the front shaft u-joints? What else would give me a vibration at speeds over 55 mph? This truck is making it hard for me to...
  8. J

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

1996 2dr 4x4 4.0 auto. Paid $1000 4yrs ago have replaced p/s pump, radiator, front hubs, shocks, and as I was at about 290,000 the lower intake gasket failed and let my oil and coolent get a good mix. Engine, transmission and transfer case transplanted from a 95 with 40,000 less miles. Body is...
  9. J

Brown Wire Mod Question, something new.

Silly me, I reread the original post again and I got it figured out now. My model year is different than any following model years and I don't have a live front axle. It was to bad I could find someone to discuss this with on here. Maybe next time.
  10. J

I wish you would explain your reasoning. The "Brown Wire Mod" works as it should. The modification I am contemplating it to route the power to the 2nd switch that energizes the clutch to be routed through a relay so everything returns to normal(de-energized) when switched back to 2 wheel drive...
  11. J

4 high vs auto?

In some model years doing this mod was the only way to get true 4x4. I know the 95 and 96 do not have the full time option on the selector
  12. J

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

I did the Brown Wire Mod last year when I had to do an engine/transmission swap and I am extremely happy I did this. I have just replaced my transfer case as there was an internal failure of some sort yet to be determined. I am afraid that the Mod had something to do with this. I had at one...
  13. J

Console lid re-do

I know this post is a few months old but I ended up borrowing a pneumatic stapler and I used leather from an old leather jacket which was almost too thick but it is better than new now
  14. J

Tranny troubles

He could just look at the tag in on the inner edge of his drivers door. would have saved time.
  15. J

Tranny troubles

On the inner edge of your drivers door has the manufacture tag which will tell you which transmission you have as well as a bunch of other thing as you decode it, available in this Forum someplace.
  16. J

I did the Brown Wire Mod last year when I had to do an engine/transmission swap and I am extremely happy I did this. I have just replaced my transfer case as there was an internal failure of some sort yet to be determined. I am afraid that the Mod had something to do with this. I had at one...
  17. J

Think my transfer case died

Hope it went well for you
  18. J

transmission swapping

Keep looking through the Fourm. I had thought of the same swap. As the over drive is electronic, and if I am recalling what I had read it correctly, it will act as a 4 speed. The 96 used two different transmissions, the early 96 4r44E was prone to problems and is the same as the 95 but the late...
  19. J

Battery light on then off then back on then...

Yea, I think it is on it's last leg and on the way out. I have checked all the connections. I had to pull my radiator this past weekend and I can hear a slight grinding when I spin the pulley. hope it makes it to the weekend.
  20. J

Battery light on then off then back on then...

I have just replaced my battery with a brand new 875 cca unit. I did a quick test with a Black and Decker smart charger, nice piece of equipment. I have 14 volts on the meter. Now the light has gone on and will stay on for a day the it will go off. I have no starting issues, lights do not dim...
  21. J

explorer broken into, have ?

We have to remember that these are not vaults and if someone wants something bad enough nothing you can do to stop them. With that being said I appreciate this info as I have had the battery go dead and I have never had a door key so in the past I was able to pop the hood, if I could find the...
  22. J

does the brown wire mod?

I hope someone who has had this issue replys as well but doing the "Brown wire mod" would be worth a try. I would suggest however you seek out the issue just to make sure it isn't something more serious. Even if it doesn't fix your problem it will be one less thing to do in the long run. Good...
  23. J

does the brown wire mod?

Does your heater floor/defrost selection switch work properly? I lost my vac lines somehow and didn't realize it until my 4 wheel wasn't working properly (I was sliding around way to much in the snow) Had me a little baffled until I looked and saw the y connector for the 2 and the line to the...
  24. J

Heater / Cooling

My system has self bleed the air out now that I stopped the leak. It must have sucked air in at some point in the process of warming up. Bleeding the air out manually is near impossible. I was going to make a hose splice with a bleeder valve for the upper radiator hose but never got to finish it
  25. J

Heater / Cooling

I get it quite frequently but i also had a bad seal on my water pump. I have repaired that and I think in might be a combination of air in the system and a bad thermostat. My thumping can get quite loud at times but it seems to be less and less. I am going to attempt to bleed my cooling system...
Back