Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Explorer "in transit" for almost 4 weeks?

My 2022 F250 was in transit for 6 weeks ... most of that time spent just an hour's drive from here. Mine was damaged on the train and the rail yard in Petersburg, VA had a dealer near them perform the repairs versus waiting until it reached my dealer.
  2. L

Sync 3 flaky

Yes. Updated Sync3 via WiFi on 5/9/21.
  3. L

Sync 3 flaky

Raising this thread from the dead. Wife came home this evening complaining about her SYNC3 screen being blank in her 2018 Limited. I connected to our WiFi and found the last update was in July, 2018. We will see if any update prevents the blank screen in the future. Meanwhile, thanks for the...
  4. L

Buzzing Sound

I guess my membership here began before "trim level" was a requirement. Thanks anyway about the TSB info.
  5. L

Buzzing Sound

Waking this thread once more. My wife's 2013 recently started making the fan noise from the vent located directly above the start/stop pushbutton (Limited model). Guess we've been a little fortunate in that the original fan lasted over 69k miles before becoming noisey. Unfortunately, we are...
  6. L

Backup camera

Bought our 2013 Limited new in April, 2012 and the OEM backup camera just started doing the same thing with the "contact dealer" message. 55,000 miles on ours. Any known solutions yet?
  7. L

Shift to Park Warning

I took mine to Bowditch Ford. They have treated me well for many years.
  8. L

Shift to Park Warning

I decided to not attempt replacing it myself and paid the dealer to do it. Total cost ...part & labor ... was $300 (our 2013 is out of warranty and no ESP).
  9. L

Shift to Park Warning

Bought PN CT4Z-7210-KC today (2013 Limited) from local dealer ... $150 including sales tax. Do you know if there are any detailed installation instructions available online? I'm not having any luck locating such. Thanks in advance!
  10. L

Rear Bumper Protectors

No issues at all on my wife's 2013 Explorer during the one year since installing it. Looks like the bubble issue may have been when the perimeter of double-back tape completely ebcapsulated the air beneath the cover. You should have at least a 1/8" gap to allow air to vent.
  11. L

Leak from Cowl

Was also an issue with the '05-'09 Mustangs. I found this thread because my wife's 2013 Explo has just started to exhibit a mildew smell when the AC is turned on. I'm hoping this is just a clogged drain, but it's going back to the dealer under warranty to fix this, AND for them to make a...
  12. L

explorer antenna

Before throwing money at a shark, I would spend the time to identify why reception was lost all of a sudden.
  13. L

Rear Bumper Protectors

$75 to my door via eBay. I also trimmed (filed) the molding flash from the bottom edge, followed up with some 0000 steel wool to return its original color. Nice item, but the curvature did not exactly match the bumper on our 2013 Exploder ... wound up installing it in the sun on a hot day so...
  14. L

Hood Deflector

I just installed one of THESE on my wife's 2013 Limited. No clips, screws, nor a place for leaves, debris or frozen snow to collect. I have never liked bug deflectors which flap about, clips brake from vibration, and eventually rub away the paint.
  15. L

What do you think?

I also installed the aftermarket rear bumper protector versus the Ford brand ... solely for the edge protection. OTOH, I installed the Ford Aeroskin Hood Protector which lays flat on the hood and doesn't collect leaves. I've never cared much for the generic bug deflectors which often end up...
  16. L

Oil Change interval

Finally got around to pulling the owner's manual out of my wife's 2013 Limited, and found the statement above to be false. According to the footnotes in the fluids section, synthetic oil is not mandatory, and SAE 5W-30 is perfectly fine. Maybe the 2011 owner's manual contained a different...
  17. L

Oil Change interval

Yes, I have, but never for a gasoline engine. Where I work, we design, build, install, and test such analysis systems for our aircraft carriers and submarines. Changing the oil is seldom done on large ocean-going vessels simply because there's so much of it. A variety of equipment employing...
  18. L

Oil Change interval

Been driving cars, trucks & motorcycles since 1973. Followed the manufacturers' suggested oil change intervals on a few vehicles, then switched to changing more frequently. The vehicles which saw frequent oil changes never suffered from any internal failures. Conversely, some of the vehicles...
  19. L

Windshield Sunshade for Explorer?

Ditto, except I picked up 3 pair last night for about $10/pair at Pep Boys. Two "huge" pair going in my Mustang (yeah, it sits outside), and one "extra huge" pair going in the 2013 LTD. I need to get another "extra huge" pair for my 2010 F150.
  20. L

Oil Change interval

Go ahead and change it yourself. I will when our 2013 Limited hits 3k miles. And since I change oil very frequently, I don't bother with synthetics.
  21. L

explorer antenna

Honestly, I never heard of it until this morning when I stumbled upon it in this forum. Mrs. Landyot is currently happy with the antenna I made, and I'll leave it as is for now. If she experiences too much station fade when she is further away next weekend, then I might consider the shark fin...
  22. L

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

Good info here, and kudos to all contributors! I'll now order a set of AVS visors for my wife's 2013.
  23. L

explorer antenna

My issue with the AM/FM antenna is that it was hitting the bottom edge of the garage door. I fabricated an antenna which is 2" shorter than OEM, covered it with several layers of black heat-shrink tubing, and so far, it's working fine. Just picked up the wife's 2013 on Friday, so I may hear...
Back