Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

1998 Mountaineer will not start

Would the starter or selenoid cause the other problems I'm having? If I try operating the rear wiper, I get a clicking/buzzing sound from the rear of the vehicle. If I trip the power locks, I get a clicking/buzzing sound from the rear of the vehicle after the doors lock/unlock but before the...
  2. I

I cleaned the terminals and then replaced the negative cable end. Charged the battery to 100% and then the interior light worked like normal. When I turned the key, same clicking in the dash. I also noticed that when I turn the key the Theft light flashes rapidly. Anyone have any thoughts on my...
  3. I

If the door is open the interior light flashes at the same time as the theft light. Same thing happens with door closed and light turned on.
  4. I

Also, when I turn the key I noticed the tach goes up to 2k. Have never seen that before.
  5. I

I went out and tried to see where exactly the sound was coming from and noticed that I am getting a click from the dash are and the interior lights come on and go off right along with the click. At about the rate a turn signal would happen.
  6. I

I have a 1998 Mountaineer. It ran fine yesterday. When I went to start it today all I got was a "clicking" sound from the dash area. I at first thought it might be a battery issue, so I placed a charger on it. After a short time I tried to start it again and had the same result. After removing...
  7. I

EVAP Canister Purge Valve Cleaning

I lowered my spare and noticed the bracket is shot. Is there a way to get just the bracket, or should I make one or use zip-ties?
Back