Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Diff. fluid change question

I already filled it with mobil 1 seems fine so far.
  2. F

thank you for the quick response, so it will not harm my posi??
  3. F

I have a quick question for the pros out there, im changing my rear diff fluid, and replacing it with mobil 1 synthetic, i have used the search, but cant find a clear answer on weather or not to use the limited slip additive??
  4. F

Detonation under load...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118297
  5. F

Odd situation

im not sure about the codes they were done at a shop, i think the were hard faults tho, and i think the dpfe was also replaced., This was all done at a shop.
  6. F

Odd situation

For about a month or so i've been getting a check engine light, the codes i've been getting are 336, 337, so i changed the EGR valve, still no change, ok i can live with it, but for the last 2 weeks whenever the check engine light has gone off, i have been getting alot of detonation, constant...
  7. F

Help with upgrading tires

any one have any pics of a first gen with these tires, size 31x10.50x15, stock height??
  8. F

thanks for the input, my speedo will be off slightly tho right?
  9. F

:us: Sup everyone, need some help, i want to get new tires for my X, i was looking into getting the bridgestone revo's, 31x10.50x15, and was looking for opinions on these tires/size on my stock height x. thanx in advance.
  10. F

Reaccuring problem with 94XLT

Check your fuel pump relay under the hood, i had mine go bad, and had your EXACT problem.
  11. F

1st generation diamond headlight/corner package group buy -- interested?

I may be interested, any one have pics of these installed??
  12. F

Automatic 4 wheel HUBS Racheting?!

ive got the same problem right now, i am hearing it daily, alternates between sides, i stop and go in reverse and its quiet for a while. Ive been hearing mine since i rotated the tires could this have something to do with it??
  13. F

94' Low on power Ideas?

plugged cat??
  14. F

sudden power loss while driving - 1994 XLT 11/10

i have a cheap and easy suggestion, check the fuel pump relay under the hood, switch the fuel pump relay and the ac/heater control relay and get in and try to turn on the heat, if nothing happens you have got a bad relay.
  15. F

chevy guy with an explorer

Nice to see another chevy guy, welcome.
  16. F

FLAT TIRE QUESTION

Nope. its just sucks.
  17. F

Tranny acting up

Well i went to a local tranny shop and they test drove it, the guy said he didnt see a real problem with it, but said since it was only doing it when the truck was cold to leave it over night and they would do a full diognostic on it, free of charge.
  18. F

Tranny acting up

Besides the tranny the truck is pretty close to Mint, no dings, rust, or any thing else. I think i may try the fluid and filter change, the fluid looks a little crudy, ill do that and most likely slap a FOR SALE sign on it, i dont want to put any money into it.
  19. F

Tranny acting up

As far as i know i dont think the fliud has been changed in some time, im not sure if i want to go messing around with anything that would kill the tranny any sooner, i just hope it doesnt totally crap out before i get done with my monte.
  20. F

Tranny acting up

seems to be most noticable on the 1-2 shifts havnt tried manual shiifting it yet. I might bring it to a local tranny shop and have them check it out.
  21. F

Tranny acting up

The last few days, when i first start to drive, the tranny has been acting up till it warms up, it doesnt like to shift unless i get off the throttle, but when its warm it seems to help, i've been taking it really easy on the trottle,(havnt had it above about 2200-2500). I was thinking...
  22. F

Whats wrong with my truck?

for $165 i'd consider having it done, im going to look into the pricing locally.
  23. F

Whats wrong with my truck?

I should be able to use tools, just never had to use them so frequently, than on this X. :D
  24. F

'91 Explorer rear anti-lock brakes not working!

mine werent working for a while, changed the abs realay under the hood now its fine.
Back