Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Amp and subwoofer install

See if any of these match up... http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~125888
  2. B

Amp and subwoofer install

Ground the amp to chassis. Test for remote wire (12v) at factory amp and use that. Get a wiring diagram for the rear sub wire colors and use that for the line level converter Lastly PLEASE INSTALL FUSE AT BATTERY.
  3. B

Remote start smart phone app ?

I'm pretty sure they just want you to buy the Ford product. It does say that in the manual...
  4. B

Remote start smart phone app ?

I have the Viper SmartStart installed in my 13 Ex w MyKey. No issues at all. Installed myself (I was a 12v installer in a previous life). 2nd car I've owned w SmartStart. I can start my car anywhere I get the interwebs. It comes in handy since I commute via train and can start my Ex a few...
  5. B

6000k Kensun HID Kit installed

I have the relays installed and mine didn't ignite once. I actually couldn't get either bulb to fire without the relays. Not sure how yours are igniting w/o them?
  6. B

6000k Kensun HID Kit installed

My drivers side didn't seat correctly the first time and the beam was incorrect. Had to go back the next day with some patience to get it seated and installed properly. The drivers side has less room for installation than the passenger.
  7. B

HID Questions

Installed mine on Monday. Took about an hour with the relays. Light is far superior to stock halogens.
  8. B

2013 Blinker / turn signal...am I the only one??

Absolutely. But if I could, I would change the number of blinks for first position to 5 or 6, because, as many have mentioned before, 3 is insufficient.
  9. B

2013 Blinker / turn signal...am I the only one??

Ditto. I wish it were programmable. I would change it to 5 or 6. When I first got the truck I was flashing people all the time. I think I've finally adapted to,the force it takes to turn the signal on without blinding oncoming traffic.
  10. B

HID Questions

Hate to ask again, but I'm about to order. Does the Kensun 9005 (HB3) kit do both high/low beams?
  11. B

HID Questions

Which bulbs did you buy? I'm curious about the dual or bi xenons.
  12. B

Sync and iOS 6

Wow! That's crazy. My buddy terminated a deer on the rte 3 bypass just past the Morrill st bridge about 5 years ago. Deers head came thru the passenger side window on his Gf's lap. Car also survived but it was a long ride home. Back to the topic now!!!!
  13. B

Sync and iOS 6

Please tell me more about the Ford bankruptcy thing! I might have missed it in the news! ;)
  14. B

Sync and iOS 6

My 4S connects but has the same reactions as you describe above. But hey, it's much better than not connecting, right?
  15. B

Sync and iOS 6

Good question. After the iOS update, it set my iMessage to off. I turned it back on, but haven't tested yet. I upgraded my MFT this am on the way to the train station, paired my phone, then the train came....literally as it finished. I'll test in the way home and report my findings - with...
  16. B

Sync and iOS 6

Have not performed the upgrade. '13 XLT IPhone 4S Version 3.0.2 I'll try and upgrade tonight after kids are sleeping and report back findings.
  17. B

Sync and iOS 6

Upgraded to iOS 6 yesterday and I can get text message alerts through MFT.
  18. B

tearing out my POS ford remote starter

I'll be installing a directed product (viper, avital, python etc) in my 13. Im also installing the viper smart start which I have in my 09 Pilot. Works with most smartphones and has unlimited range - provided your car is in an area with cell coverage.
Back