Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Shooterdude's Sport Trac

For sale???? What happened? Where did you get the BL and did you do it yourself? How hard is it to do?
  2. C

HID Projector Retrofit - '02 Explorer Sport

Hey n805aquaholic...Those look great. I picked up a set of the mini H1's the other day and got the headlights apart. It's hard to tell from your pics, but did your projectors go deep into the bowl, or just the threads popped out? Also, why did you toss the shrouds? I have the mini gatling guns...
  3. C

Directions for replacing front rotors on 2004 Sport Trac

I did this not too long ago. It's a messy job with the grease, but not hard. Do yourself a favor and just buy new bearings and seals. It'll save you in the long run. Cover them in grease and install in rotor.
  4. C

Deteriorated Body Mounts

Well, this makes me feel better since I just put 4 of them on my ST!!!
  5. C

Changing shocks...what else recommended?

I just reread this thread and saw this post. It probably was a bit much for 1 day, but it's done. I have some work to on my other car as well (HID lights for low beams and fogs). I'm on vacation this week and want to enjoy it, but have to get the "to do" list out of the way. I'm a computer...
  6. C

Thanks, bud and no...it doesn't look like fun at all!! Time to look through the forum to see what is involved. If you tackle it, update this thread to let me know how bad it sucked! I'm trying to do all the "needs" before I get to all the "wants", but the needs keep piling up. Feels like I'll...
  7. C

Done...damn, that sucked. The only thing that was difficult was the spark plugs. Passenger side and front, driver's side were a PITA!! Driver's rear shock was a bit time consuming, but all went smooth. 6 1/2 hours to change front and rear sway bar link ends, plugs, wires, all 4 shocks, and front...
  8. C

Ok...new front and rear sway bar link ends, plugs, wires, shocks, and front brakes tomorrow. Should be a fun day!!
  9. C

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered Moog front and rear sway bar links. I'll look at the rest when I get in there.
  10. C

Well...life seems to find a way to get in the way of plans. So...the shocks appear to be on hold for at least another week. I saw this on Ebay and was wondering what you guys thought about getting these parts...
  11. C

3rd brake light????

Sorry, I misread your post. Didn't read that you wanted a cover. My bad.
  12. C

3rd brake light????

There's this one. I'm actually looking into getting one for my ST. Smoked lens, of course. http://www.carid.com/2005-ford-sport-trac-taillights/recon-led-3rd-brake-light-274825.html
  13. C

Thanks for the info. I'll be changing the sway bar links and bushings since I'm there. I'll look into the EVAP canister. Fuel filter was just changed. Thanks, again. **Edit** Now I feel like an idiot. I just got what you were saying about the canister...to be mindful of it. This is what...
  14. C

Thanks for the info. What's this EVAP canister you speak of? I've looked it up and see it isn't expensive, but what does it do? Also...are you saying I should do away with it or replace it?
  15. C

Hey all...I'll be changing my shocks next weekend and just wondering what else I should do while down there. I'll also be doing my plugs and wires while in there...thoughts? **Edit** Sorry...let me add some info. It's a '05 ST with 127k miles and all suspension parts are stock. Nothing seems to...
  16. C

Projector Headlights or HIDs?

Ok...this may sound like a dumb question, but I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. When you mount the lights to the truck to check the "cutoff level", you mean to make sure they are adjusted the same height, right? Lights look great and I was just saying the other day...
  17. C

Replace spark Plugs/ Tune Up

Just curious how this makes the job easier? I've neglected my ST and after 124k miles, I think it's finally time to change the plugs and will happily spend a little more for a tool that makes the job easier.
  18. C

Fuel Level Gauge Dependent on Map Lights???

For anyone interested...the gas gauge IS tied to the interior lights. Finally able to get a new fuse and all is well. Had to turn truck off and back on to get gas gauge to work again.
  19. C

Fuel Level Gauge Dependent on Map Lights???

Hey all. I've gotten some good info in the past, so I figured I come here with this issue. I got some LEDs to put in the map lights and when I put the first one in, I lost all interior lights and the fuel gauge. I checked all the fuses (didn't know which one it was) and they are all good from...
  20. C

LONO100's SPORT TRAC BUILD

Hey LONO...truck's lookin' good!! I was looking to get a roof rack, but have a couple of quick questions about the load bars (crossbars..whatever they are called). What brand did you get and where? I've been looking around and most I find are Thule (not a problem, just kinda pricey) and seem to...
  21. C

Fyi...rancho shocks buy 3, get 1 free!!!

Just got an email from Jegs today. Thought I'd let everyone know. http://www.jegs.com/
Back