Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. My Ranger

My Ranger

'95 Ranger
  2. X

BTF Lifted and eating inner C/V axle boots

So Ive had my lift on for probably 3-4k total. I had the issue with the outer boots rubbing the bottom control arm. That was fixed by putting aftermarket c/v axles with smaller diameter boots on it. Problem solved. Now, after putting about 2k on it since that fix, the inner c/v boots have...
  3. X

My Head Is About To Explode...

any 4.6l SOHC should work. its the intake, throttle body, etc thats different. 02 and i think 03 has the cable. my 05 is drive by wire. 04 is the year they went drive by wire i believe.
  4. X

That "rumble strip" feeling

dang...mine started this drone right after I put on my lift...I need to check this out...
  5. X

Post lift problems - Sway bar links gone and c/v boot rubbing

Update: I replaced both C?V axles with aftermarkets from rockauto. When I replaced I initially started grinding down that section of the bottom A-Arm. but then i realized the boots on the joint were smaller than stock boots. So I only grinded down one side.... I shortened the sway bar links...
  6. X

More reliable replacement engine for 03 Explorer?

The 4.6L V8. Youll never buy another 4.0 again. I have V8s in both mine. I would NEVER buy one with a V6 in it.
  7. X

Yeah it was jacked up and I was under it lol Its the BTF lift, so I wasnt expecting any problems. More pics... If it sits flat, it doesnt touch. but i guess moving down the road it moves and makes contact. I think ima try to heat the part of the arm up and beat it down with a...
  8. X

So, post lift problems......it's happened once while stock height. But this time BOTH of my way bar links are GONE!!!! I even double nutted them! Anybody know a part number of maybe 1 " longer sway bar links? Second problem. The front C/V axle boots are rubbing the top of the bottom control...
  9. X

Lifted 3rd Gen Photos!

BTF Lift and UCA. I think they are 265/70/17. if not they are 275/70/17, lol. I dont remember what I put on there. I do wish I had gone one size bigger!
  10. X

Why are Ford Explorers so easily "given up" on?

Im a BMW tech for a BMW Dealer. You should see the problems these things have. I have 2 Prior ford techs here because they wernt making any money at ford. That should say somthing. i say EVERYDAY to somebody, "Go tell em to buy a Ford if they dont want any problems or buy a saturn if they cant...
  11. X

Replacing upper oil pan gasket

I just did one in a Mustang, fairly easy. I have an engine cradle support from harbor freight. Lifted the engine up 2-3 inches and the pan slide right out.
  12. X

Knocking - 4.6L - Rod? Other?

If the truck is in good shape enough to do A Swap, I would. $3k for a reman'd installed is a good deal considering.......a remand tranny on Rockauto is a hair over 2k....
  13. X

Hello from Georgia!

welcome! Im in Columbus!
  14. X

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I think its 2.5/3....but the front is a touch higher. Might be settled back down now....those pics were from right after I did it.
  15. X

Photos 3rd gen pic's

BTF Spacers and UCA. NO other way to do it.
  16. X

My 2005 Explorer XLT V8 AWD

Just an Update... has 194k on her now, Only thing Ive HAD to do recently was replace the A?C compressor because the electrical connection was making sporatic contact and had to fix since summer is here. I sold a 02 Ranger FX4 a few months ago and dumped about 4k into upgrades for her...
  17. X

Did I kill my Explorer???

Hence the reason I went ahead and replaced mine when my dad owned it before I bought it. Prolly had 130k on it. still intact but replaced anyway. A friend of a freind had a rattle in his 02 a few years back, i pulled front cover and the guides were in 6 pieces.
  18. X

Lift kits

BTF. No other. Great kit!
  19. X

Custom Fender Flares??

im interested.
  20. X

2005 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6 Tuning results.

Still not bad for the ole 4.0! I need you to come tune my 06 ION Redline! The last guy that said he knew what he was doing with HPT melted a hole the size of a quarter in one of my pistons!!
  21. X

Traxda lift - More issues! Anyone else? (2002 XLT V6)

rear bearings will go out lift or not. My Ex's 2002 has 151k and has had 2 sets in it. My 05 has 191k and has been replaced at least once that Ive done since Ive owned it from 109k. As far as the upper ball joints go? BTF arms all day. I just put them on mine yesterday. You will never have to...
  22. X

fueling up problem

Im having same problem. I work at a BMW dealer(tech). One of my Service advisors used to work at ford as a tech. He said its probably the EVAP canister. Ima order one and post back!
Back