Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

Johnstone, you mean your front end is stock? other then the TT? the factory wheel well is that big to fit 35s?
  2. S

Fabtech 3" spindle kit and tires

not hard at all. aal the rear with shackles and tt the front, you will be on your way to 35s. :)
  3. S

looking for and found 2WD spindle lift, any advice?

hello buddy ::) how is it goin? still in cali? i had procomp spindle on mine.. hehehe.. use b rated torsion bar, run 35s. no problem man.
  4. S

Mini cooper, a wall, and an 18" RE MT

now now, there are easier ways to get hearing lost....chceaper too.. hehehehe loking good, bud
  5. S

The stud snapped off!

I did that to mine. went to autozone, ask the guy at the front.. they pull it out off the computer. it sounds harder than it looks.. to replace. very straight foward
  6. S

Educate me--shocks and springs for my 04 nissan quest

I want to replace the rear shock and spring. for my 04 nissan quest. what does what? i am confuse. mine bounce and bottom out with 1/2 loaded. so, what is bad.. shock or spring? i cannot find any info on the rating that is on the van right now. and as a bonus, if anyone can find the...
  7. S

For those of you with a torsion twist

that is how the addiction started....with a TT. Then a BL, then a 3 inch spindle lift, then a B-rated T-bar and moreTT. be careful, be really careful.. hehehe.
  8. S

Cannnot find 2wd to 4wd swap

anyone got one laying around? :)
  9. S

How to replace a wheel stud

i just did mine last week for the rear. now, when u get the rear lug, make sure u ask for the rear lug. get the rotor off. bang the crap out of the lug, then, rotate the sucker till it falls out of the bottom. now, u can fish the new lug in, angel it a litttle and turn the axle towards it...
  10. S

just created a few extra horses....:D

whatsup..bro! looked like u are still up and running eh? how is the baby? still in cal? comeing home to tx anytime soon? oh yah.. truck loooks good
  11. S

What manual Tcase to get for my swap?

Well, i have a 99 XLT 2wd. i need to get a parts list before jumping into the swap pool. I was thinking of a jeep NP231 manual tcase. what other ford manual tcase that i can use for a direct swap to the tranny? i saw the tread and i got lost right away. help anyone.
  12. S

you can use a TJ D30 shaft and that will allow u to bypass the Vacuum actuator. what ford manual tcase that is the bare minimun that i can find/get withougth breaking the bank?
  13. S

since mine is 2wd, i was thinking a D30 from a jeep with a np231 manual tcase. that way, i can kinda not mess with anything electrical. what do u guys think?> probably leaf spring. would the 2wd tranny hold up? what kind of adaptor do i need?
  14. S

where are they? i looked asnd looked and cannot find it
  15. S

Getting the 2wd Trail Ready

i had powertrax for years now.. mostly daily driver. no problem
  16. S

Getting the 2wd Trail Ready

tranny cooler....the bigger the better. i hate the fact that i never had low end torque until i got the cherokee. friends that do not mind jumping in and out of their trucks to tow u when u get stuck. after a while, they get tired. put a little catch on the hook so u can just hang your...
  17. S

Broke 1 bolt from my rear axle

wow..thanks for all the tips. i will definitely put them all to good use. now, how do i buy the stud? do i need to show the old stud at the store? is there a part number? autozone has it? or dealership?
  18. S

i put 100lbs. the tire shop.. who knows....
  19. S

i change the tires last nite.. now i have 2 broken wheel stud.
  20. S

tell me more, doug.
  21. S

what to do? are the bolt attach to the rotor only, or do i have to replace the whole axle shaft? thanks. michae;
  22. S

Sidewall patch due to slashed?

liability only.. not covered. dopnt know who done it... i work in the ghetto... so one of the low lifes around here
  23. S

Sidewall patch due to slashed?

I know that is a nono.. .but i just want to make sure. my almost new Procomp AT 35x12.5x15 got vandalized. about 1" knife slash into the sidewall... all 4 tires. before it goes to the dump, is there any way for me to save them? this is only for streets only. anyone? anyone? thanks michael
Back