Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

iPhone and OEM Radio.

I thought there were iPhone inputs that used either AUX or SAT inputs on radios. This has both. Just curious.
  2. W

iPhone and OEM Radio.

I was wondering if I put this radio in my Ex, will I be able to hook an iPhone up to it? Does anyone know what I would need? I was also considering the 6CD version also. Does anyone have their iPhone hooked up to an OEM radio?
  3. W

Help Installing OEM Entertainment

I also have a sunroof. I wonder how much that will complicate things. I saw a 2005 on autotrader that had both sunroof and aftermarket DVD. I just have to figure out how to peek under my headliner to see if there are mounts there.
  4. W

I do have the third row. I had thought about something between the seat but might have to rethink it now. Thanks.
  5. W

Any thoughts on how hard it would be to put an aftermarket dvd in?
  6. W

Inside door panel

I would think that the lighter would blacken it. A different heat source without an open flame might work better. Hair dryer or heat gun. Heat gun might be to hot.
  7. W

Inside door panel

I really didn't know which sub-forum to post this in, so here I am. I just got my new 2004 XLT. It looked spotless at the dealership when I bought it but found something when I got home. Go figure. I was wondering if anyone had a good way of repairing without replacing the whole panel. My...
  8. W

Upgrading Climate Control

Thanks Joe. I kind of thought it was more than I wanted to get in to. I have been reading many post and see a bunch of post about Gen I, Gen II and so on. What does this exactly mean and how do I know what Gen I have? Thanks.
  9. W

Installing message center

I have a 2004 XLT and I only have the first group of buttons for 4x4 auto, 4x4 high, and 4x4 low. My question is how hard would it be to install and get working the second set of buttons for the message center. They read info, setup, and reset. Thanks Billy
  10. W

Upgrading Climate Control

I have a 2004 XLT with the simple 3 knob Climate control. I was wanting to upgrade the climate control to the digital and dual zone. I doubt I can just change out the climate controller with this. CAn anyone tell me if this is possible and what it all might consist of? Thanks Billy
  11. W

I just bought a 2004 Explorer for a family vehicle and to pull my camper this year. I have three daughters and need some entertainment for the road. My XLT has a sunroof and I found an OEM entertainment system for sale from a salvaged explorer. My Questions: The entertainment system...
Back