Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

New Tuner By Diablo

Just email there support and they will let you know
  2. B

New Tuner By Diablo

Well the tuner was great, But im getting rid of my Explorer so i De-Tuned it and freed up the license so now I am looking to sell my tuner. Paid $350 asking $225 shipped. OBO
  3. B

Transfer Case Fluid - 4.6 V8

They sell stuff at Autozone that says its for the part #XL-12 ford. thats what i bought.
  4. B

Spark Plug clarification for V8

only for the 2006-2008.5 2008.5-2010 are different
  5. B

LED puddle light notes.

Awesome Just did this myself Got these and they work great and look awesome. http://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Chipsets-White--2yr/dp/B00YHYGGMG/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1452283527&sr=8-20&keywords=194+white+led
  6. B

Mpg went from 20-21 to 13-14

O2 Sensors normally go bad around 75-100K miles and they can drop your MPG by that much. and if you did get some bad fuel that messed up the o2's then theres your problem. also a bad CAT can do the same. Does it still feel like it has the same power at WOT? if so the cats are good. if not...
  7. B

Another junky radiator

I think everone should just do what i did. Put in Prestone Super stop leak stuff and and go form a 20lbs to 16lbs Rad Cap. Bam has not leaked in over 60K miles.
  8. B

08 Ltd Rear Window Defogger lines break easily

you can also buy Conductive paint pens ment for fixing circuit boards and stuff that might work better. I know what you mean though. my brand new rear window already has a line thats not working... http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Conductive-Electric-Paint-10ml/dp/B00B888LQ8
  9. B

Help needed with leak

i have also heard that the Sat radio antenna on the roof on the pass side can leak. First check is open your sunroof and poor some water in the drains on the sides, you should see little drain holes. if water drips out under the truck then the sunroof drains are ok. if not they are clogged.
  10. B

Bigger tire size.

Nice,, those should work well in the snow there when ever NY gets some this year. lol. Those should also work well in Sand. Not so much in Mud.
  11. B

Bigger tire size.

Yup i live in Grand Junction CO and i know what you mean about the roads lol. I went with 265x70R17 and love them. General Grabber AT2
  12. B

Is there a kit for a small (1-1.5") body lift?

also im pretty sure they jsut a longer strut or spacer not stiffer spring to give you the lift. its a whole kit not just a spring.
  13. B

not really true. Springs settle int he first like 5,000 miles or so. After that they really loose much untill you get like 75,000+ miles on them. and modern springs are much better then older ones. Plus the little you loose when you first install new springs is not much and thats factored...
  14. B

what octane gasoline to use?

its was built to run on 87. putting in anything higher is a waste of money unless you get a tune for higher Oct. The ticking sound you here is normal with the 3 valve 4.6 and if its a Loud tick that goes away or get softer as it warms up then your Pass side Exhaust manifold might be leaking...
  15. B

Why not just do the lift strut kit? Thats what im gonna do. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2160146&cc=1441671&jnid=503&jpid=13
  16. B

Choosing a remote start

wiring isnt the problem. its dealing with the factory security and CANBUS crap to make everything work. i use my keypad on my door A LOT when i go swimming or hiking.
  17. B

Choosing a remote start

I think ill just give up lol. too much of a pain to do it my self with no good place to work on my truck also to try to deal with all that stupid security factory stuff ugh... But yea i ran into the same problem too SweetBabyRay. Like for a basic 1 way one at best buy installed it would be...
  18. B

Choosing a remote start

Im kinda temped to do the install my self now. I have done older ones but this would be my first with CANBUS This is the system i picked out. all made my Directed same as Viper. $102.32 AVITAL 5303L Security/Remote Start System $40.90 XpressKit DBALL2 Databus All Combo Bypass Module...
  19. B

Choosing a remote start

yes if its all installed and configured correct the Aftermarket keyfob will operate the doors just like the factory one. Pretty much the interface box talks to the factory CANBUS and tells it to unlock the door(s) or rear hatch window.
  20. B

Choosing a remote start

yea i went to the store and called and they wouldnt do anything.
  21. B

Choosing a remote start

Well yopu can get the same system with out the alarm for $300. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/viper-responder-le-4806v-2-way-remote-start-system-geek-squad-installation/9999212600050003.p?id=pcmprd211500050003
  22. B

Choosing a remote start

OMG how did i miss that sale!!! thats the one i wanted and really didnt want to deal with installing it my self to save money since on these new cars/trucks with the CANBUS can be a real pain in the but to do. Im going to call them later and try to get it for that price!
  23. B

4.6L 3v Exhaust Leak Tick: Exhaust Manifold Replacement Walkthrough

sweet, yea my Pass side one went at 52K miles and the dealer replaced it under the 60K warranty. Now my driver side one is leaking at 130K miles. gonna have to do that my myself someday. someday...
  24. B

having ignition problems

if your key is bent at all it can stick really good in there. bent my key a tiny bit and min was stuck in there good. took a little to get it out. bent the key back VERY CAREFULLY and now its fine. it doesnt take much of a bend in these trucks to get them to stick. just try to wiggle it all...
  25. B

T-Case Leak?

So when doing my oil change today and my normal inspection I noticed what looks like my T-Case leaking... What do you guy think? Sure looks like it to me and i know thats not easy to take out in an apartment parking lot with no help... Ugh... Or could it be the front seal on it for the...
Back