Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Yet another GEM module issue.

BudE....That sucks you still have the issue. Since you have taken the cluster wires off and such i would leave them off for now and continue the quest. Have you tried to disconect the CD player?. Also the guy across the street from me had an issue blowing fuses...after a good hour fault finding...
  2. L

GEM-Cluster BudE...as I thought I'm 99% your speedo is the problem here...if you can get to the back of it and disconnect it...replace the fuses once again I think you will find they do not blow till you re-connect the speedo... I had to go to the junk yard and find a used speedo with close to...
  3. L

Gem location BudE try disconecting your speedo cluster replace the fuse and see if you get the same results...if the fuse dont blow depending how many connectors you have on your cluster connect one by one...my speedo was the one taking out the fuses...hope this helps ya
  4. L

List of Useful Threads Complete 2nd Gen A/C Troubleshooting Thread

Ranger A/C repair issue... Looking for some help...96 ford ranger 2.3L Splash...i found a leak on the high pressure valve on the A/C...this was not a repairable item so i got a new. At the same time i replaced the accumilator, all o-rings and the high pressure switch along with the clutch cyc...
  5. L

A/C Compressor Clutch

Looking for some help...96 ford ranger 2.3L Splash...i found a leak on the high pressure valve on the A/C...this was not a repairable item so i got a new. At the same time i replaced the accumilator, all o-rings and the high pressure switch along with the clutch cyc switch...i pulled a vac on...
  6. L

Suspect GEM Ok just a quick update to my last post.....After reading many posts on here this is what i found to be my issue. I first started by checking fuse # 25 which is a 7.5A and covers the GEM and Speedo...I replaced the fuse and could smell burning and the fuse blew within a few seconds...
  7. L

96 Ranger 2.3L stick shift Looking for some answers...problem started yesterday...I lost the speedometer, wipers, brake lights, dom light. while driving i could smell an ever so faint burning smell....not a wire burning smell. After reading a lot of post im leaning towards the GEM unit...but i...
Back