Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Adding Navigation Later

**DO NOT BUY THE SD CARD ON EBAY IT WILL NOT WORK!** (sorry for the caps, not trying to yell, just get the OP's attention :) The dealer I purchased from was willing to sell me the SD card, I was very excited to get the navigation because the vehicle had everything I wanted but the Nav and the...
  2. B

Mft upgrade

Thanks! I was always just clicking on the 2013 Explorer at the top. 8-)
  3. B

Mft upgrade

How do you get to that section? I guess I always just go to the same section of the page...
  4. B

2013 Explorer and applink

No it does not have applink, here is a thread on it... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353310&highlight=applink
  5. B

My Sync testing problem

When I first got my Ex, it did not work, then about 3 days later it worked for one day, then stopped then over the next couple of weeks it was working about 30% of the time. Since then it works I would say about 98% of the time. I didn't change any settings or anything so I don't know why it...
  6. B

Entertainment turns on by itself when leaving car during phone call

Thats strange, I can't offer any help, but I can say I have never had this happen and I get out of my car TONS while on the phone. Hmmm...
  7. B

Do you feel cramped in your Explorer?

I personally love the room in our Ex (we do not have bucket seats). I have a 4yo (in a high back booster) and a 1yo (still rear facing). I do agree that in some parking spots it is a pain to get the door open enough to fit the car seat out! (I don't know if it is because the inside of the door...
  8. B

My 2013 Deep Impact Blue Ex!

Nice Ex! 8-) Which I had a background like that to put behind mine! 8-)
  9. B

Broken pigtail antenna

This what your looking for Peter? http://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=24522#p24522 linked in the thred (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311510)
  10. B

Radio won't turn on

Ok, had a radio issue again tonight. (It was on Sirius this time) Long story short, the volume was turned all the way down...I know I didn't turn it all the way down before I shut it off so it reset it on its own. So no solution to the problem but another thing to add to the list of things to...
  11. B

USB for Music...Have to index everytime?

Just thought I would update on this...I had the USB drive in my car and after a few weeks it worked fine, I didn't have to index or anything...it has been fine for about 2 months...I had to take it out for something this week and now that it is back in, I have to reindex every time again...grrr...
  12. B

sync stopped talking to me

Is it set to advanced mode? Try these settings... MENU (Gears) > SETTINGS > VOICE CONTROL > INTERACTION MODE > NOVICE from the following thread. 8-) http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359603
  13. B

New here and a quick question about the passenger air bag light

Yep, my off light is on all the time as well (when no one is in the seat that is). 8-)
  14. B

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

I have been looking online but haven't found any info on this or in the manual, I guess if it comes down to it you could always unhook the battery and I would guess that it would reset it back to the factory code...??
  15. B

2011 or a 2013 limited

I don't have the Auto seats, but I figured it out!
  16. B

Why did you buy

Mine is not a chick car yet, but I am slowly converting it with my family window stickers and some other accessories to come in the future. 8-P (still waiting for a tongue sticking out smilee!) In no particular order... 1. I wanted a 7 seater that was not GINORMOUS but had room to move...
  17. B

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

Do you actually need the factory one in there for anything? I'm not sure... I know they tell you not to throw away the factory one because if the battery dies it will reset to the factory one, and you don't want to be screwed and not know what it is...will it not let you add a new one at this...
  18. B

Are inflatable seat belts a marketing gimmick?

Not all carseats can use latch without a base...for instance if you bought a used car seat that originally came with the base but you were not able to purchase the base as well then you would have to use a seat belt...in that case I'm not sure that the inflatable part would have much effect...
  19. B

2011 or a 2013 limited

OK, how to you get the seats turned around? I see in the manual it says not to drive like that but didn't see where it showed you how to switch them...
  20. B

Drip from hoses

Thanks, that's what I figured! 8-)
  21. B

Drip from hoses

Weird, I just looked under my truck at this today, I also thought the AC would drip from the front but wasn't sure. I could tell that it wasn't dripping from the end of the muffler so I looked (wanting to make sure there wasn't a crack in the mufler or something) and it was coming from some...
  22. B

Is home screen of MFT configurable?

I would have to look at mine to be positive, but I don't think it shows the song title/artist when you are on the main 'home' screen, but if you hit the Entertainment button at the bottom it will bring up the screen that has title/artist, it will also display on your dash if you keep hitting the...
  23. B

Syncmyride website / what r they doing?

Thanks! Guess that is one of the downfalls to being up all night long!! I should be used to it by now, lol. 8-P
Back