Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

They Do Roll!! I Don't Know How I Survived...

wow! You guys are sooooo lucky. That story was well written...I was there with you as you described it. :eek: I wish you the best for a fast recovery. What don't kill us only makes us stonger is the saying...you must be close to a deity with this one! Think Im going to put roll...
  2. 4

Automatic Xmsn Question

Hey guys...just wanted to give you an update on my tranny. Ok, so I dropped it off to a man that has been servicing xmsns for at least 40years in the local area. He said he dropped the pan and the filter was clogged with junk/metal too...he said he seen allot of metal the size of pencil...
  3. 4

Automatic Xmsn Question

do you think after holding it to the floor for half a mile and barely moving at 6krpms that the bands are still good?
  4. 4

Automatic Xmsn Question

cracked case? Loose front pan bolts?
  5. 4

Automatic Xmsn Question

I cant remember if I told you guys but....last summer I went wheeling through some bogs and mud and deep 3 1/2 - 4ft of water crossings 3 times in like 2 weeks. Then about 2weeks later while driving through the city it made a shudder then about a mile later started to slip and then white smoke...
  6. 4

BulletProof XMSN

So if I go with a C-5 bellhousing and a C-4 xmns these things will bolt right into place. Or is there going to be fabbing involved.
  7. 4

BulletProof XMSN

Thanks for the replies! :) Sounds like the 700R4 is the better xmsn but costs more? I dont need o/d...i just need something that I can hammer on(within reason) and it will still get me home. What can I expect to pay for the parts? I can do the install.
  8. 4

BulletProof XMSN

Hello All, I just had my 2nd Transmission go on me. The shop around here said $1500 to rebuild mine and I will get a 1year warranty/12,000 miles. What are my options? I like to play in the mud and dont want to smoke another transmission. Can I convert it to a C-6 or C-4 or is there...
  9. 4

State Inspection

How do you guys pass State Inspections? Do you remove the 33" tires and put on smaller tires?
  10. 4

MT Baja & Lift

33x12.5x15:D Next on my list is lockers and gears...It seems that the mods are proportionate to my wallet. I will try to get some pics...I dont have a digital camera though.
  11. 4

MT Baja & Lift

What kind of tire, Baja claws. I have mounted the AE Nitro rims 15x8 with a 3.3/4 backspace with the tires and put them on the truck. The drivers side front tire rubs slightly on the mudflap when I turn the wheel 20degrees or so. I really need Perry's front end or flares for the front wheel...
  12. 4

Got Tranny?

I have a '92 Automatic transmission with 100K on it and a transfer case for sale. The Transmission works fine with no known issues and the transfer case needs a motor? I was going to use this transmission for my truck but the shop said they could fix mine with an input shaft and a band, so I...
  13. 4

MT Baja & Lift

LOL Gas! I will have a sawzall handy :) I have a 3" BL now and will install this 2" SL lift over the weekend along with the 33" tires. I hope it dont rub.:(
  14. 4

MT Baja & Lift

I ordered from Natltire.com on Monday and received the pkg's today (Thursday). All their tires are shipped for free right now. That saved me $70. Also I asked for a 2" lift and they sent me Skyjacker springs and a Skyjacker rear add a leaf. What puzzles me is what are these camber bushing and...
  15. 4

anyone done a trap door for the fuel pump on a 1st gen?

I dropped the tank and could not get the origanal straps back on...its a pain in the azz to do. I wish I would have cut a simple hole. I have also replaced the carpet and know that the rear seats are very easy to remove and the carpet is only held down by the plastic door runner thingy ( 2...
  16. 4

Can you spin your tires?

Word of Caution Don't try to do a Jay strip with it if its an auto...my truck goes into the garage on Friday for a tranny transplant.
  17. 4

Where would you spend $2500

OK...after asking everyone and their brother what they would do, I have come to my decision. I will go with the 4in Skyjacker with extended Radius arms. Since this is my daily driver until spring time ( Then I will pick up a 350Z ) Im not going to run 35's. I will pick up the 33x12.5x15...
  18. 4

Where would you spend $2500

I have a 92 xploder and just ran into some ca$h. I want to run 35's. I have a 3in BL
  19. 4

4.0 performance upgrades ... worth it?

the apten chip is AWESOME! If you only do one mod make it an apten chip....i bet it gave me 25hp, and my truck runs better.
  20. 4

How long do you think it will take?

how long will it take to remove the tranny from my 92 4x4? I have never taken out a 4x4 tranny.
  21. 4

35" tires will fit, but...I'll need ????

Yes I think you are right. I will Do a SOA and 4" lift. Put the 33's on. Then after a regear and perrys conversion ill pick up some 35's. :D
  22. 4

I'm a little confused: a 4" lift kit is more expensive then a 5.5" kit What is the advantage of an inch and a half? Is it driveline angle? Im also thinking that maybe 35's are a little extreme for me at this point. Can I drive it around town with the 3:73 gears that are in it now? If so and...
  23. 4

What would I need to do in order to fit 35x12.5x15 tires under my first gen? I have a 3" BL and a guy that will do an SOA for me. I dont know which parts Ill need for the front though.
  24. 4

Jay Strip went BAD.

Putting it in reverse at 60mph...Thats called aReverse Slide I used to do that with my Cougar...woohoo you should have seen the smoke and rubber! Not to mention the look on the passengers faces. Those are super hellish on trannies. Maybe the old c6 or c4 but not todays crap.;) I'm too old for...
  25. 4

Jay Strip went BAD.

sorry for the confusion guys... no i did not attempt a "Rockford" or box 180. a jay strip is when you stop in the middle of a hill put the vehicle in reverse or nuetural until you reach about 5-10mph then slide the tranny into first while holding your foot to the floor. The tires are...
Back