Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Really? No aftermarket taillights?

Yeah it's annoying that there are no aftermarket options, I ended up tinting mine then putting glossy clear coat so it wouldn't have the matte finish. The third brake light is the same as the 04-08 F150 so there are other options (like the Recon smoked LED one I went with).
  2. 2

Offical: Post your ST pics

Did you have to modify the 2011 Explorer wheels at all to get them to fit on the trac? Thinking of getting 20" 2012 Explorer Sport rims for my trac.
  3. 2

Part numbers are #7L2Z 15201 AA & #7L2Z 15200 AA, I searched for "Explorer Ironman Edition Fog Lights" on Amazon and the ones from the company "Depo" that I found fit perfectly with no condensation issues. To my understanding, everything up to the front doors on the 07-10 sport trac (other than...
  4. 2

Well it's been a year with the Sport Trac and couldn't be happier with it. I've changed most of the lights to LED, HID headlights, Ironman lighting and grille package, put in a K&N CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system, and deleted the roof rack. I will be tuning it end of the summer, and I'm...
  5. 2

Changing all lights on a 2007 LTD to LED any ideas

CdnGhost, I have done similar mods to my 07 LTD. The list of bulb sizes can be found here . The dome lights I got from Amazon, they're super bright and fit perfectly. The exterior mirror and license plate lights I got from eBay, the reverse lights I also got from eBay. The third brake...
  6. 2

Looking to get a Sport Trac

I bought my 07 Sport Trac Limited V8 4x4 back in June with 79,046 miles on it. Drove it for a week, then the bucking and jerking in overdrive happened. Thankfully they gave me a 30day/1,000mile warranty, but of course Ford would only replace one spark plug at a time until I threatened them and...
  7. 2

Just bought my 2007 Sport Trac Limited 4x4 V8 back in June. Has 80,350 miles on it and is in really good shape. Eventually when I have money I'd like to get Adrenalin rims, a cat back exhaust, cold air intake, and a tune for it.
  8. 2

3rd gen pic's

6000k 55 watt HIDs for lows Amber CREE LEDs for fogs I will be replacing the fogs with 6000k 55 watt HIDs and will be ordering blacked out headlights along with dual color switchback LED turn signals.
  9. 2

3rd gen pic's

I'm not sure what you mean by "cop the lights", but if you mean how did I install them then here's how I did it: I picked them up from autozone and they had a peel and stick backing so I stuck them where I wanted them, wired them together and ran a power and a ground wire from the lights along...
  10. 2

3rd gen pic's

Haven't been on here in a while, here's new pictures: fog light grills LEDGlow Tailgate Light bar 4.0 badges on each side Kenwood DPX300U head unit Interior LEDs
  11. 2

3rd gen pic's

Yeah, I have taken that "police interceptor" sticker off my truck since these pictures. I realized how stupid it looked and I didn't want any trouble with the police.
  12. 2

3rd gen pic's

I fixed it. Thanks for the heads up!
  13. 2

3rd gen pic's

Put the Ford symbol on my new grille Removed the mini-van style running boards Tinted third tail light
  14. 2

3rd gen pic's

Man what was Ford thinking with that trim? Its so faded. I have the same problem with my 2002 Explorer XLT
  15. 2

Third Gen Ex trim and bumper painted!

Thanks for all the help it looks great! And yeah, my friends at school keep bagging on me because my Explorer looks terrible with the trim as it has faded really badly. Now I just need to convince my parents to let me do it...they have had the Explorer for 10 years now (original owners) and I...
  16. 2

Third Gen Ex trim and bumper painted!

How is the paint holding up? I've been thinking of doing this to my 2002 XLT because, like yours did, the trim is fading and looking worse and worse each day lol
  17. 2

3rd gen pic's

Thanks, I plan to do some more mods in the future, but this is all I have for now. I'm thinking of painting the trim as it is starting to fade pretty badly. These pictures are taken after it has been washed and Eagle One Trim Restorer has been applied to it, that's why it doesn't look too bad.
  18. 2

3rd gen pic's

Here is my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. Sorry ahead of time if the pictures don't work as I am new to the forum.
Back